For those of you having problems with Textures !

Discuss Simlab 3D Plugins developed for Autodesk 3ds Max
Philippe

For those of you having problems with Textures !

Postby Philippe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi everyone !

If you're having trouble with your textures here are some tips that might help you :

1) SETUP YOUR RENDERER
In 3DS Max go to Render Setup (F10) > "Common" tab > Assign Renderer > choose "Default Scanline Renderer"
Other renderers are NOT supported for now

2) USE STANDARD MATERIALS ONLY
Only use Standard Materials - other material types (such as Mental Ray or V-Ray) are NOT supported for now

3) CHECK YOUR TEXTURES' SIZE AND YOUR UV MAPS
It may happen that your textures' size and position in the 3D PDF file don't match what you see in 3DS Max's viewport.
I found a solution to this problem, but it's more a workaround than an ideal solution. :?

- For some reason the PDF Exporter Plugin doesn't take into account the textures's image size or tiling ratio in 3DSMax's Material Editor : it looks like it automatically brings back the Tiling ratio to 1/1 during export...
- So in order to get the tiling right : put the texture Tiling back to a ratio of 1/1 in the material editor, then apply a UVW Unwrap modifier to your model
- Rescale the UVs until the texture matches your needs in the viewport

4) BREAK UP A SINGLE LARGE MESH INTO SEVERAL SMALLER ONES
I noticed that if I tried to export a mesh made of tens of thousands of polygons, the slice plane in the 3D PDF wouldn't work properly = it will cut the geometry but NOT the texture, making the slice plane completely useless.
In order to avoid this, make sure you have several separate small meshes instead of a very large one.

I hope this will help !
;)
Freelance 3D artist - www.fairview-3d.com

G@rry

Re: For those of you having problems with Textures !

Postby G@rry » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:30 pm

WOW, I wish I knew this before my purchase.

Return to “3ds Max Plugins”