Keep CAD architecture in 3DS Max

Discuss Simlab 3D Plugins developed for Autodesk 3ds Max
Miklb

Keep CAD architecture in 3DS Max

Postby Miklb » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Hello,

First, sorry for my english, I hope you will understand me ;)

I'm trying the plugin SolidWorks importer to 3DSMax, it work properly, i'm very surprised by the speed of the import. It's really better than the classic import module of 3DSMax and, in some case where some error makes crash the native import, the Simlab plugin work properly, whitout any error... Congratulation !..

I have a question, is it possible de respect the hierarchy of my CAD models. I have some big big models and whitout the conservation of the structure it is really complicated... I made animation and i need to find easily the differents sub-assembly... actualy i need to import separately the different sub assembly...

Is it possible to find it in the 3DSMax scene manager ? a thing like the sub assembly become some objects groups, I think i'm not the first person who have this need..

Thanks to read me

SimLab

Re: Keep CAD architecture in 3DS Max

Postby SimLab » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello ,

Please try SimLab Composer, import the the SolidWorks file and export is a FBX
then import the FBX file to 3DS Max.

This way you will be able to get the complete structure of the Solidworks assembly.

Ashraf

Miklb

Postby Miklb » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Thank you!

I have tried Simlab composer, and it's okay!! Guys, you've made an incredible software!!
The native importer in 3DSMax need a SolidWorks open… it's long…. sometime it crash … and definitely loose cad architecture….
So, whith the Simlab importer, the import is quick I can't believe it! The colors are right, the body interpretation is ok… I just have to merge some colors how are interpreted differents (then they are the same in SolidWorks), fortunately it's possible in Simlab composer to unify them.
After I export my enormous models in fbx in 3DSMax and magic > I found some "helpers" ho recreates the SolidWorks architecture.
You make me win an incalculable time!! I will buy your soft quickly and never leave it.

Very good soft, thank you

Rahim17

Postby Rahim17 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:45 am

Well, for this particular scene the lighting was really simple – just a vray sun and I don’t think I even used a HDRI image for the environment light. Obviously I’d use the vray sky for the environment when it prompts you. The crisp look isn’t always realistic though, the light should be somewhat diffuse and this can be achieved by increasing the size of the sun until the shadows blur.

With that set up, a render with the following – irradiance map set to medium (primary bounce), light cache set to about 750 (secondary bounce), DMC set to 1/4 – as long as the textures are pretty simple and there’s no displacement, should only take a few minutes or even less. But note, for test renders the settings should be something like – IRR set to low/very low, light cache set to 250 and noise set to 0.02 (rather than the default 0.01), render size set to about 800px wide. That should take seconds for a simple scene.

Let me know if this helps!

Return to “3ds Max Plugins”