How can I keep the user inside my vr presentation

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
nonmalus

How can I keep the user inside my vr presentation

Post by nonmalus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:42 am

when I use the oculus rift in a room with walls on all sides (no doors or windows) the user can teleporting to any places inside the room and that is ok.
But sometimes when the user doing an teleporting he is landing in "black places" and can not doing interactions.
Also, sometimes the user will looks out the top of the lid of the room with his head when he is standing on a cupboard. This is funny but not good for customers there should viewing a presentation. I have to restart the viewer.
Can I give my room a border where the user only can move, so the user is keep inside of my room and not can fall out of the VR presentation? This problem comes only in the vr view with our oculus rift.

Tessla

Re: How can I keep the user inside my vr presentation

Post by Tessla » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:27 am

Trying adding 99% alpha objects to the openings, so the user can still see through but they are essentially solids so nothing can pass through..

Tesselaar..

SimLab

Re: How can I keep the user inside my vr presentation

Post by SimLab » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 am

If you are asking about the Black state the user can be in when trying to teleport in VR, then we hope that this was fixed in the latest VR viewer, please uninstall and reinstall latest Viewer, looking forward to see if the latest viewer fixed the issue for you.