Water Effect....

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

Water Effect....

Postby Tessla » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Hey there...

Almost finished my VR Treasure Island but now the Water Effect will not work.. I can get it to work in a blank VR, but not my main VR.. I was wondering if there was a maximum of file size or assets that could be added into a VR.. I have the Ocean which was working great and a bucket of water, which looked like real water.. But either will work now..

Any suggestions on what it might be..???

Destiny...

SimLab

Re: Water Effect....

Postby SimLab » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:33 pm

should not be the case.

Pack and send, we can check

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:43 pm

I wish I could but its 1.24 gig.. My project is full of interactive stuff.. If I add it to my Web ISP server, you might be able to download it from there.. Will this be OK..

The VRZIM file is about 250meg..

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:21 am

Frustrating.. Something in my VR is blocking the Water Effect. I cannot add any new feature with the Water effect... I will not work.. Some other Action or other, is blocking it from working.. I might have to try to Zip it and add it to my Paid Server ISP so you can check it out.. It might be a bug...

Destiny....

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 am

Hey.. I have just realised that as a Packed file, its only 303mb. So I am sending via Web Transfer, please check your support email..

If some of the textures are missing, just let me know so you an see it all working as I made it..

Could you also check the Grabbable with the Gold Coins hidden at the back of the Barrels.. You will need to set it to Fly to get there.. Secret Treasure.. but not all of it. haha... I wanted to make the Apple Grabbable too but while things are not working I will wait.. I want to add some interactive Maths into it.. And perhaps some Spelling works.. Click on the correct option and a Gold Coin will appear.. :)

You will also see a Message box with text with an Action added to the Gold Coins, but there is an issue with adding multiple lines.. At the moment its just one line.. Not sure if a Message Box and Grabbable can work together.. But I am sure you will work it all out.

The Environment should be set to Daylight - Morning.. Environments are not retained with the saving of the projects. Its should be really..

Have fun.. Looking forward to your feedback.. ;)

Destiny....

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Hi Simlab. I noticed you have not downloaded by Treasure Island project yet.. I sent it a few days ago..

Today I opened it, and the water effect works. Sometime it does and other times it does not.. Not sure why that would be..

I created a VRZIM file and can view it in the Local Showroom.. It all seems to work.. :D

Perhaps the issue is file size.. I really wanted to add more to this project but I might not be able to without extra Actions and Objects effecting what is already working..

I cannot upload to the Public since I have reached my limit and I cannot remove those project I uploaded to Public yet..

Destiny..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:00 am

The Water Effect is a frustration since one moment it will work and the next it will not.. I tried to removed it, reboot, and turn it on and add the water gain.. No luck... If it works sometimes, then its not my Mac, it has to be a bug.. :cry: :? :(

Destiny..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:34 am

Dear Simlab.. I sent you Via WebTransfer my project a week ago but its still not been downloaded.. I was hoping you would have discovered why the water effect is not working.

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:02 am

Well, I am frustrated in trying to get my water effect to work.. I have removed features to see if anything is stopping it... Nothing I do seems to fix the issue.. I have sent my project to Simlab on the 29th September with no response or acknowledgement... :x

Until I can edit the Simulation Animation I cannot do much more with my Treasure Island Game project. Its totally impossible to select all of the simulation/animation layers..

It seems I have to wait to see if 8.2 fixes the issues... I am not sure if its something to do with the file size of my project, preventing the effect to work. I notice too that the fire often struggles but then work again.. So I have been in contact with Apple Tech Support to make sure its not my iMac. Its not..

Destiny....

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:19 pm

V8.1.6 did not fix the Water Effect.. :cry:

Strange that it works in some projects but not others.. I will not be able to post it up to the Showroom until its fixed..

Destiny...

Return to “SimLab Composer”