High Sierra Issues...

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

High Sierra Issues...

Postby Tessla » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:16 am

Hi Simlab..

Sierra was fine but High Sierra has graphic issues in regards to importing a model. The GUI text is very hard to read.. I tested other software and its fine.. So it must be a Simlab Composer issue... Perhaps it can be fixed in V8.2..

Destiny.....

Omar

Re: High Sierra Issues...

Postby Omar » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello Destiny,

We have tested SimLab Composer 8 with High Sierra and did not find any issues related to text readability.

Can you send us a screenshot or a video of what you are experiencing?
And does the issue happen only when importing a model?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be glad to help.

Best Regards,

Omar Abu Eid
SimLab-Soft

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi.. Did you use the Import ... This is what I see.. Faint and blurry text.... Normal size is very hard to see.. I made this bigger... and its the same with SaveAs..

Destiny....
Attachments
issue.jpg
issue.jpg (30.09 KiB) Viewed 997 times

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:09 am

Hi Simlab.. It seems the issue might be my iMac.. I have the same issue with PDF... Are you able to suggest anything or should I contact Apple support..???

Destiny...

Omar

Postby Omar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Hello Destiny,

The Import and Save dialogs are native macOS dialogs, we have no control over how they look.
Other applications probably use custom dialogs so the does not show on them.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be glad to help.

Best Regards,

Omar Abu Eid
SimLab-Soft

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am

Hi Omar..

I contact Apple support and they have doubts the issue is their end.... They said that a new update is on the card to fix Acrobat issues, which might fix my text issue, but no others have reported this issue with other software and the text viewed fine with Sierra.. They told me to wait and see what happens with V8.2... If I get the same issues they have provided a Job No.

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi.. Simlab...

My husband has been on Apple Support regarding this issue. We have updated to the latest OSX but the issue persists. I realise you said you have no control over the viewer but.. you should know that NO other software we have has this issue. Even very old software.. If the file is not compatible its not only faded out, its highly pixilated. Very ugly looking.. Very hard to read..

Sorry to advise you but this IS a Simlab issue..

The Apple support guy said that he has read more than this post about the same issue with Simlab.. He cannot tell me where he read it.. We wonder if V8.2+ is compatible with Retina.

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:37 pm

We have now done a complete reinstall of High Sierra, and the issue persist.. ONLY Simlab Composer has the issue..

Destiny..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 am

Hi Simlab...

My iMac went to be serviced to see if there were any issues.. There are none.. The issue points to Simlab Composer. No other software has this issue.. So not sure what it could be....

Very hard to see the text...

Destiny...
Attachments
hard-to-see-1.jpg
hard-to-see-1.jpg (40.13 KiB) Viewed 900 times

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:21 am

The only other software I get this issue is with Acrobat Pro 10.1.16.. I do not get it with the newest Acrobat DC Reader..

I still get it with the latest SLC.. No other software has this issue.. My Acrobat Pro might be out of date but I have the latest updates.. So to me, the SLC issue all points to something old and out of date in how it reads Finder.. Other much oder software does not have this issue.. but as you said, they might have their own way of viewing Finder...

Destiny..

Return to “SimLab Composer”