Requirments for SimLab Composer 9

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
chrisd

Re: Requirments for SimLab Composer 9

Postby chrisd » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:22 am

Last edited by chrisd on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jyy1082

Postby jyy1082 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:36 am

I hope following functions can be considered to implemented for VR:

-Windows Mixed Reality supports
-Object-Action-Message box can add image, audio, styles, and other rich text.
-Animations and sequences can be trigger by timer, program initialization, or script functions( for example,conditions: if two objects collide, then something(fire) will happen).
-The VR user' actions can be captured in Showroom and saved into a video that can be watched by others.
-The VR user can hold a virtual control panel to control animations and sequences or change scene states.
-Multiple VR users can remotely synchronously collaborate to play in one VR scene.
-The clipping plane can be hold by VR hand and used freely.

Thanks.

bowen192

Postby bowen192 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 pm

A material for technical publications that looks like this:

and this:

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:06 pm

I would like an Auto notification on opening SLC, that an update is available...

I would also ask that you try to make it so a user can work on more than one project at a time. At the moment if a Simulation that might take a long time or a bunch of rendering can basically lock the user out until its completed.. I would rather just leave it running and work on other project. Many other software applications have this feature..

Destiny...

formdes

Postby formdes » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:17 pm

bowen192 wrote:A material for technical publications that looks like this:

and this:

Hi bowen192,

I managed to create something similar with a white materials and screen capture with the edges shown. I then blended this with a greyscaled render. See the pics. Not too tricky.
Attachments
ROB-ALONE-current01-bw.jpg
ROB-ALONE-current01a.jpg
ROB-ALONE-current-gs.jpg

_Fx

Postby _Fx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Nice trick, but this is not a practical solution in case of documents needing a lot of pictures, and unfortunately the image size is limited to screen resolution. I too, would like a "built-in" method/shader for this.

jyy1082

Postby jyy1082 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:37 am

Could you consider add functions to support CAVE VR? Since many organizations still need CAVE to show their CAD works or interact 3D in CAVE, that will be good for this kind organizations.
For example, SLC can support this tracking system: http://optitrack.com/products/slim-13e/

This video shows how using projection VR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r01Fnz-qxTc

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:13 am

I would like an option to Swap and Object to replace another object in the exact same position.. Like for Like..

I would also like to see an option similar to Real Time Render in VR Mode.. So Environments can be quickly set. If I use Real Time render its not the same in VR Mode.. Totally different..

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 am

Hi.. It would be very helpful to have an option to Merge On Materials PART GROUPS within the model tree while selecting the entire model.....

Destiny..

Jakob Normand

Postby Jakob Normand » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi Simlab's

I'd love to see a proximity trigger in VR - so that you can set of an event/action when the VR "person" enters/leaves a given area in space - eg. light turning on in room as you enter, door opens as you approach, machine starts moving when you get close etc.

TIA, Jakob

Return to “SimLab Composer”