Need Rendering Assistance/Advice

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
ntxdave

Need Rendering Assistance/Advice

Postby ntxdave » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:14 pm

I need some assistance/advice on how to improve my renders. The model below is just a start and I am not very happy with how I am rendering it.
EA 2018 v1.sim
SIM file
(4.64 MiB) Downloaded 2 times

EA 2018 v1162.png
PNG version

EA 2018 v1_182.jpg
JPG version

Can someone point me to the right tutorial on how to improve this render. In particular, the background settings are where I am not making any progress. I am open to any and all comments so that I can learn how to use the tool much better. I also tried adding a ground object and being able to have a reflection and/or shadow and was not happy with what I came up with at all. It is not because I see a short coming with SL at all. It is my knowledge that is the short coming. I see stuff posted by several of you that makes me envious of your talents. I also what to learn how to draw more stuff in 3D but one step at a time. Let me know how to produce better results with what I can draw and then I will branch out.

Again, any and all comments/suggestions are welcomed.

Destiny

Re: Need Rendering Assistance/Advice

Postby Destiny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:06 am

Hi.. Well, not sure what they are.. I did not change the materials on your model.. I just added a gradient background and Environment that looked nice.. You can just double click on the Environments while in Live Render.. To see what the final render might look like.. This Environment gives the models a bit more life rather than just flat light..

Rendering can be tricky but very easy after you learn how to use it..

Destiny...
Attachments
SimLab.jpg

ntxdave

Postby ntxdave » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:16 am

They are pieces of car was equipment (blower-dryer units at the end of the was).

Your image is the kind I was wanting to create.
  1. How do I create a gradient background?
  2. What Environment settings do I need to look at/adjust?
  3. Re there some specific tutorials I can look at to learn this?

For SimLab, this is the quality of output I would like to see on a WebGL page (in addition to the existing capabilities.

Thanks Destiny...... :D

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 am

Hi.. Easy to make a gradient in Photoshop then bring that image into Simlab background...

The Environment I used was HDRLightStudio_car_studio_medium.exr, which is the 4th last one in the file folder..

Destiny...

ntxdave

Postby ntxdave » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Destiny, Thanks for your assistance. You helped me move forward with learning how to render in a better environment.

Here is my latest render using the 8.2 version of Composer.
BD 2018 v1_216.png

As you will notice, I did not do the gradient background but I understand what you were saying and may do that for a future render. Perhaps this one also puts the equipment from yesterday into better perspective. These are the blower-dryer units at the end of a drive through car wash

ntxdave

Postby ntxdave » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Destiny, just so you can put that other image into perspective, here is a new one that is a complete car wash layout. Thank to your tip, this image is much better.
CleanNShine Render v1_246.png

Return to “SimLab Composer”