Material Libraries

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
ntxdave

Material Libraries

Postby ntxdave » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:44 am

Is there a way to restore the material libraries?

I accidentally changed a material (actually a couple I think) and I would like to restore them to the original materials. I also need to understand how to go about creating my own alternative to one of the standard materials without overwriting the original one. Also, can I make changes/new materials and save them with a model?

One last thing, if I set up a customized material for one object in my model, how do I apply that material to another object?

Are there some tutorials where I can go to learn how to do these things?

chrisd

Re: Material Libraries

Postby chrisd » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:39 pm

The application default materials are here:
C:\Program Files\SimLab\SimLab Composer 8\data\materials

The active materials used by the app and the user modified materials are here ... copy files from the defaults to here to restore:
C:\Users\cjd\AppData\Roaming\SimLab\SimLab Composer 8\data\materials

The paths may be a bit different on your system, but the basic info is that the default materials are in the application folder, and as far as I have seen, these are never overwritten. Only the materials in the Users data folder can be modified.

There is some discussion here about user modified materials:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10327

Mina Ardekani

Material Libraries

Postby Mina Ardekani » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:59 am

Hi guys,

I just joined and recently I started to use Simlab Composer 8 for Mac. I also have another device which I use Windows 10 and I installed Simlab there as well. I have a serious problem with materials. I created a 3D model in SketchUp on Mac and import it to Simlab and add materials; then I transfer it to my Windows device to render it (cause it's more powerful) but everything is white now. I don't know what I did but even when I open the "Show Scene Materials" just the names are there, the texture or pix of them are missing. Anyone know the solution?

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:48 am

For moving files from one machine to another try to use File -> Pack

This creates a single zip file that includes the sim file and all referenced textures.

Then you can unzip the file in the second machine and ready it.

If you only transfer a saved sim file, referenced textures will not be available in the second machine.

Mina Ardekani

Postby Mina Ardekani » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:52 am

wow, so quick, that was not expected :o :) Usually, it takes several days or even months for an answer in Forums. I appreciate it.
Thank you :)

Return to “SimLab Composer”