Help with ALL PARTS ALPHA

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Destiny

Help with ALL PARTS ALPHA

Postby Destiny » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:52 am

Hi Simlab..

I have a Tree of Model Parts, which I need to start Invisible. So what I need to do is make all the parts 100% Alpha.. BUT.. I can only do it by selecting all the part individually, which is painful. Is there a way to Alpha ALL parts of the model tree, so I can then move the TimeLine over and make ALL Visible.. Then create an Action to reveal ALL.. ???? I tried to put all the parts into an Parent but Parents cannot be made invisible via Alpha.. I do not mean HIDE..

Destiny...

SimLab

Re: Help with ALL PARTS ALPHA

Postby SimLab » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:49 am

You should be able to hide parents using scene states did you try that.

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 am

Not sure how to do that.. I was hoping to blend it into the scene using keyframes but I will settle for Hide..

Is there a tutorial for this..?? Or a clue on how to do it..

Destiny...

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:50 am

I worked it out using Scene State, but it's awkward and not as I would like.. To Alpha out all the parts, is not great either since I have to do each and every part since its the materials that is the Alpha and not the Object..

I think this feature needs to be added.. It should be easy to make an entire object invisible.. and made visible via an Action...

Destiny...

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:58 pm

I tried using a Scene State to reveal an object.. I capture the Scene, set the Action to that Scene, but when I click on the object linked to the Scene State, I am transported way way way from the area.. It should just reveal the hidden objects..

Not sure what I could be doing wrong.. Any ideas.???

Destiny..

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:07 pm

I am sure I set the correct Action to the Scene State View... But after clicking on the object attached to the Action, it does not seem to do as I wanted... It should just make hidden features visible. I tried a few other option but same issue..

Did I do it right...

Destiny..
Attachments
SceneState.jpg

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:20 am

A simple task to make the entire object with all its sub parts invisible on a Time Line animation is a painful task and that should not be the case.. I have about 150 gold coins in piles, plus all the parts of the treasure chest. Each part has to be individually made transparent because its the material that is set to the alpha..

Scene State is not the answer.. It does not work anyway.. I capture the SceneState using the Visibility State or the Camera State but they do not work...

I hope an option to make this easier comes in V9... I have this happening on other features when a clue has been found but they are object made up of few parts so I can do it, but when many parts are involved as described above, its just about impossible..

Destiny...

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:54 am

Click on the secret gold coin to reveal the Spy Glass.. Click on the Spy Glass to reveal the hidden island with the treasure..

Sound like a 3D VR game to me.. But I cannot do it.. Since I cannot hide the entire island with all its parts... :( :? :cry:

I will have to leave it for now.. In the hope I can later...

Destiny..

Return to “SimLab Composer”