Updating models

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Dan Engerer

Updating models

Postby Dan Engerer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi. As an engineer, we are constantly simulating and then slightly modifying models. Unfortunately, whenever we make a small change, we must create the Simlab simulation all over again from zero every time the model changes.

How can we "update" our 3D model without having to remake simulations (and other things like textures, etc.)? We love Simlab, but the fact that it is "disconnected" from our CAD and unable to update models creates a lot of extra work.

Thanks!

chrisd

Re: Updating models

Postby chrisd » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 am

What is your cad software ... there is a cad integration plugin http://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-products/ ... ation.aspx that is used to transfer between Simlab and the CAD application.

I have not used it yet myself, but as far as I understand it without the usage experience, it appears to maintain a connection with the CAD file. Perhaps this would also work with Simulation?

Tessla

Re: Updating models

Postby Tessla » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:45 am

Hi.. You should be able to delete the defect Part, and then Import Only That NEW Part from the New Model Group... As long as you have not moved the Model from its original input position it should just slot in.. Then in Simulation, add the edited part into the Simulation, remove the old Links and re-add them... I have done this and it work OK.. But if you have move the entire model group from its ordinal input position, you will need to re-locte the new Edited Part..

Destiny..

Return to “SimLab Composer”