Point Cloud Format??

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

Re: Point Cloud Format??

Postby Tessla » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am

Hi.. Back to the value in the Point Cloud format..

I was at a school today, where they had some surveyors doing all kind of things in readiness for new classroom to be built. They were surveying the placements of the buildings and where cables and pipes where located..

I got chatting to a surveyor and he said they often capture Point Cloud data... He said that with the data they could rotate the 3D scans...

Makes me wonder how many other companies would be doing the same. I really do think that Simlab Composer would be an awesome way to add many other media features including dimensions..

Tessla..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:39 am

If a Point Cloud Viewer was added into Simlab Composer, I would also suggest there be some tools added where you could click from point to point to find the dimensions.. and drew lines onto an overlay where they could be turned on and off.. Also hotspots added to features where a window opens with images, data info or text.. I have the vision in my mind but I have no idea if this is even possible..

Tessla..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:22 am

Hey there.. Seems I might be a "Forward thinking" person.. :)

http://www.firmatek.com/2010/09/29/how- ... 3d-models/

You might like to check this out too... Check out the videos.. Very interesting..

https://www.bentley.com/en/products/pro ... -pointools

I am totally convinced that Simlab should investigate time into adding options to add Point Cloud into Simlab Composer. Its a fast growing media area where many new scanners are being developed making the quality better and the hardware more affordable..

Tessla...

Return to “SimLab Composer”