Rendering speed and Rendering-Farm

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
jeant408

Rendering speed and Rendering-Farm

Post by jeant408 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:28 am

Hello everybody,
I have to prepare a quite long animation (2,5 min) in a quite high resolution (1280x720 or even 1920x1080 px).
I noticed that I have a low fps rate (sometimes 0,25 !) and I am afraid of the time it will take for the final rendering.
(The film is divided in 5 scenes of aprox. 400 frames each).

1) Is there something I can do in the render-settings to help the rendering speed?

2) Do someone have information on a Rendering Farm that would work with Simlab and could do the rendering for me?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Best regards
Jean-Christophe

SimLab

Re: Rendering speed and Rendering-Farm

Post by SimLab » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Are those interior or exterior scenes?
What type of machine are you using to render them?

We are working on a new render farm technology, if you send us one of the scenes we will see if we can do the rendering for you. (support@simlab-soft.com)

jeant408

Post by jeant408 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Hello Simlab, sorry for my late response
Thank you for your proposition.
I have to make some tests to see the level of quality I need to reach, after what I will send you a scene for a render test.
The scene is exterior, with an HDR lighting. (see a screenshot attached).
My computer is a imac 2,7 GHZ intel Core i5 / 8 Go memory 1333 MHz / Graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 Mo.

Best regards,
Jean
Attachments
SimLab000000.jpg

SimLab

Post by SimLab » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:23 pm

We rendered the files, the output movie file is available here

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Video don't works for me "online", works fine as Downloading file!

Kush Desai

Post by Kush Desai » Fri May 10, 2019 10:54 am

SimLab wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:14 pm
Are those interior or exterior scenes?
What type of machine are you using to render them?

We are working on a new render farm technology, if you send us one of the scenes we will see if we can do the rendering for you. (support@simlab-soft.com)
Can you please provide the pricing details or any options for rendering farm services provided by you. we are looking for this one for few of our project based on sim lab composer 8 version

SimLab

Post by SimLab » Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 am

Hello,

If you send sample animation to support@simlab-soft.com

They will check timing and cost, and will talk with you about this option.

Ashraf

Pocc

Post by Pocc » Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 am

Just a quick comment - If your renderings for a video are taking so long, it might be worth dialling back the settings a little. In a video you don't have to render everything up for every frame the way you would for a still.

When I render for a video, I decrease the number of samples to around a quarter of what I would for a stillshot and because of the movement in the animation, there is no discernable degradation in viewer quality.

Kush Desai

Post by Kush Desai » Wed May 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Pocc wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 am
Just a quick comment - If your renderings for a video are taking so long, it might be worth dialling back the settings a little. In a video you don't have to render everything up for every frame the way you would for a still.

When I render for a video, I decrease the number of samples to around a quarter of what I would for a stillshot and because of the movement in the animation, there is no discernable degradation in viewer quality.
Hello Mr. Pocc & Simlab

Hope You all are fine !

In addition to Rendering Advice you have provide by update the settings Your help & advice might be very useful for me in my running & future projects. We are a Design and Engineering service provider based in India most of times our clients required full detailed animation of designs we developed for them for both internally and marketing purposes as video output. Our majority of animations have 8000-10000+ frames of animations which is around 5-6 minutes. currently we utilizing our 2 Computers having i7 -7700 processors with 4 cores - 8 threads and takes around 5-6 entire days to complete it. I have attached our current settings can you review it and advice us to what settings we need to change to get faster and similar results in rendering process.
Animation Rendering Settings.jpg
Animation Rendering settings we are using currently 1
Animation Rendering Settings 2.jpg
Animation Rendering settings we are using currently 2
By using this settings we are getting very nice and crisp video output and our all clients are appreciating the animation quality as well. Below i attached one image extracted from rendering as a result.
SimLab001116.jpg
Result 1
SimLab002513.jpg
Result 2
Also give a feed back that if we change the settings under your guidance can we achieve same result as we getting currently.

Thank you so much your reply will be much appreciated.