Extreme lag in VR

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Hume

Extreme lag in VR

Postby Hume » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Hello,

I am experimenting with SimLab Composer, all seems to work great when using the desktop mode to walk around a house. But the moment I go into Virtual Reality, I get extreme controller lag. Looking around is perfect, but the controller mesh lags heavily. If you could help me figure out what's causing this I would really appreciate it!

Here are my specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 7800X
64GB DDR4 Ram
Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

Using HTC Vive for VR.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

SimLab

Re: Extreme lag in VR

Postby SimLab » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:16 pm

It seems the collision to find intersection with the geometries takes a long time.

How large are the geometries you have?
Do you have all scene as one of few number of geometries?

Hume

Postby Hume » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 am

It is a small house, I'll attach a screen shot of it. See below. Not sure how long the pic will stay uploaded so hope you see it. (The attach image does not show the image, you can check the link below, it goes to Imgur so it is safe.)

I selected the roof for example, to show that it has different meshes, as in, not everything merged to one. I am currently just testing out the software, as I use to work with Unreal Engine, but looking for a more streamlined work flow. I am really liking this program, but I'll have to get the lag sorted out if I am going to use it for bigger projects especially.

I am surprised by the lag as I thought using SketchUp (with the plugin for Simlab) it should work "perfectly", especially seeing as this is a very small scene and I made way bigger scenes in UE without lag.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

https://imgur.com/a/3dt1Q

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Can you do File -> Pack and share the scene with us.

I was only able to see what you describe in very large scenes, this one seems very small.

Even with large scenes, the lag was not big, but not as smooth as it should be.

Hume

Postby Hume » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Thank you for your help, but I figured it out with the help of support. Apparently I had to use the function "merge on material" as there was too many objects in the scene. It works perfectly now!

Thanks again for helping!

Return to “SimLab Composer”