3D VR Gaming...

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

3D VR Gaming...

Postby Tessla » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 am

I worked on our VR Gaming project for a long time and its great, but its impossible to finish....

I think after a projects get to a certain size, the Water Effect is cancelled out.. If it does not work it look a bit yuck..

Not having the option to hid and entire folder of parts is a big issue.. Hiding part by part by part is not practical.. and just about impossible..

Our view is, the 3D VR feature is a great start but need attention long before any new versions are developed. What is currently available needs to work before any new features are considered..

We will try to finish our VR Game over the school holiday but not sure it will be possible with the current options available...

Tessla..

SimLab

Re: 3D VR Gaming...

Postby SimLab » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:32 pm

VR development is moving fast, many great things are coming in Composer 9.

I am not sure I understand the issue of not being able to hide the entire folder, can you explain.

To be very clear new options make it more possible to create a game with SimLab VR, this is just a side effect of adding more features for architects and Product designers to show and train, which is the prime focus of our VR.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Hidden Folder...

We have a second island where the treasure is buried. There is a clue in the hut on the main island where the user clicks on to reveal it. However, I cannot hide the entire island. I can only hide one part at a time.. I need to select the entire parts list folder, and hide it then add an action to reveal it..

I am certain that new and expecting things are coming in V9.. Its what I have come to expect with your software.. Its all very exciting.. Can't wait...

We really want to work on finishing our game over the school holiday in 3 weeks.. Then post it up for all to see.. But as it is, we cannot finish it.. Unless you know of a way we can hide an entire parts folder.

Tessla..

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:28 am

If you hide the top level node all children should disappear.

So did you try to have a common parent for the second island.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 am

Well.. Yes, I remember doing that but... I was thinking of making the folder invisible via the alpha so I could create an animation from invisible and visible so I could add an action to it..

I have a pirate spy glass, that will appear on a table after a single gold coin is clicked which becomes visible by the Action playing the animation to appear from alpha.. What I want to do, is add an Action to that spy glass so when it is clicked on it shows the hidden island just like I did with the spy glass.. When I just Hide the entire object, no key frame or animation is created so I cannot add an Action for the island to appear..

How would you suggest we do this..?

Tessla..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:11 am

Well I tried to add an Action to the hidden folder set but it will not work. Not really sure how to achieve this..

Tessla..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:42 pm

To create an Action, I need a key frame to save so I can add the Action to it.. Hiding the entire object folder, does not create a key frame.. I have tried many ways but I cannot see how to add an action, unless I can Alpha the entire folder with its part...

Do you think this might be possible in the future with V9..

Tessla..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Turning off the group is not useful since I cannot add an Action to it.. I need to be able to Alpha out the entire Group to create a timeline animation...

I have a gazillion gold coins but in order to alpha out to make a timeline animation for the Action to work, I have to Alpha every single gold coin.. Not practical.. as well as all the other assets...

The idea is for the Pirate telescope to point the way to the treasure island where there is a secret hidden skull that reveals the hidden treasure chest.. After clicking on the treasure map in the chest the gold coins fall out from the bottom animated using gravity simulation and object collisions.. All very much exciting but not doable as it is....

So I am requesting a feature request, an Alpha Object Group option.....

Tessla.
Attachments
goldcoins.jpg

Return to “SimLab Composer”