Animating is a hard thing to achieve...

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

Animating is a hard thing to achieve...

Postby Tessla » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:55 am

Hi Simlab...

I have requested a feature to include IKs. Only 3D Soft-Form modelling software as far as I know can be animated using IKs..

With the Tractor, I would like to be able to add all the links, then drag the Parent, which is the Tractor Bucket, into the position were want all the other parts to follow. At the moment, I have little control over this as it stands. In fact, its just about impossible to achieve what I want to do.. I should be able to rotate the bucket, or move it where all other parts connected follow, then set a key frame, move to the next position and so on..

The animation Timeline and Animation options need many more features to facilitate a great animation. Also, unless I process the images to reverse them, I cannot create a reverse of this animation to add it into one single flowing animation. What really needs to happen, which I have already asked for, is the entire animation time line sequence can be saved into the Library and then dragged onto the Timeline with the option to reverse. Just like a real video track..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/Anima ... actor.html

Tessla..

jsaid

Re: Animating is a hard thing to achieve...

Postby jsaid » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:49 am

@Tessla

The animation Timeline and Animation options need many more features to facilitate a great animation. Also, unless I process the images to reverse them, I cannot create a reverse of this animation to add it into one single flowing animation. What really needs to happen, which I have already asked for, is the entire animation time line sequence can be saved into the Library and then dragged onto the Timeline with the option to reverse. Just like a real video track.

Let me reply to the above quote. With the latest release of SimLab Composer 8 (ver. 8.2.7), you're capable of creating reverse animations using Animation Sequences. One of the benefits of Animation Sequences is to add them into one single flowing animation. In addition to that, either the entire animation or part of the time-line can be saved into the library as well to be used later exactly as you indicated.

Though, animation in SimLab Composer is evolving with time. One of the new features in the upcoming release of SimLab Composer adds a great asset to animation.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:15 am

Hi, Yes.. I see the a Sequence can be Reversed but then I will have to Render the entire frame set again.. What I was really meaning was an option to add the folder with the rendered frames and then add them again but in reverse so they combine into a single animation ..

Unless I have misunderstood what you mean..

Tessla..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi Jsaid

Its good that there is an option to reverse the frames for creating an Action by checking Reverse Frames, but... To create a movie, I would need to render the entire timeline again, which can take hours..

At the moment, I use third party software to Rename the images, to tick it into reversing, then save the renamed images into another folder, then add that into the Make Movie. So I have two folders. That process takes about 20mins. Far quicker than rendering...

But as I said, its great to have the Reverse Frame option for creating an Action.. But its no good for creating a Movie..

Tessla..

Return to “SimLab Composer”