SimLab Composer 9 preview

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Pocc

Re: SimLab Composer 9 preview

Postby Pocc » Tue May 08, 2018 4:27 pm

The 360 grid looks superb - looking forward to rendering with this feature!

ntxdave

Postby ntxdave » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Interesting concept indeed. Was also impressed with how the sample loaded on my laptop but never could get it to finish loading on my iPad.

Would be interesting if there was a way to just "walk" from one of the spots to another without having to see them and click on them.

Bottom line - interesting concept. Looking forward to see what else might be included in version 9. :)

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Wed May 09, 2018 11:55 am

Smooth animation is a new feature that was added to SimLab Composer 9.

It was based on feedback we received from 3D users who wanted to get more natural animation, making the object
accelerate to reach its full speed, and then slow down before stopping.

Those options were added in SimLab Composer 9, the following video shows the difference in animation between an old version and version 9 smooth animation.

Direct link to video

The following tutorial shows how to use animation ease in SimLab Composer 9.

Direct link to video

In addition to ease animation, animation in SimLab Composer 9 adds ability to capture keyframes for selected objects (without moving them) , and to select all keyframes (to make it easier to create sequences)

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

VR based animation rendering

Rendering is a complex process that generates very realistic images, rendered images in many cases cannot be distinguished from photos. Preforming complex rendering consumes a significant amount of time.
Users interested in previewing their work quickly, have a great new option in Composer 9. VR based rendering gives users great images in a very short amount of time.

The generation of the following movie on one machine needed 90 seconds.

Direct link to video

This is great for multi-iterations, until the user is ready for the final animation render, for some users this may be the final animation render they need.

This new option is available under the rendering menu.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun May 13, 2018 4:10 am

Hi Simlab..

Will V9 have the option to compress a spring.. Also, flex on cables..??

Tessela..

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sun May 13, 2018 10:36 am

Sorry, I do not think that this will included in version 9

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 am

Scene Building Mode in VR

This following video shows the Scene Building mode in SimLab VR viewer. Scene Building mode enables interior designers to build the scene in VR, needed capabilities like Copy, Hide. Scale, Rotate and Delete are included in this mode

Direct link to video

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon May 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Very cleaver, but I would think there would be a heap of prep time to animate and add all the actions to all the cabinets first before calling them in.. There would also be a need to call in a multitude of different sections panels you have on the wall to allow other cabinet designs to be added..

Not quire sure how it would be useful.. Kitchens often have many many options for finishes and cabinet designs. Most kitchens are custom built.. This is more like a one style fits all... with a few colour options.

Then there is the kitchen building design itself.. Each kitchen would need to be 3D CAD modelled first.

Like I said, very cleaver but.. what real end use is there.. Or did I miss something.

To be honest, Simlab Composer seems to be developing with very special features, but it still lacks many basic features.. There really needs to be some kind of catch up before expanding SL I feel..

This is not meant at all as a criticism but rather as an observation...

Tessla..

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon May 14, 2018 1:34 pm

I agree with you on some points and I disagree on others.

First of all who is going to benefit from this feature?
1- Space designers.
2- Interior designers.
3- Furniture manufacturing companies.
4- Architects.

We expect those intended users to be able to create a 3D model for the room space using any 3D design application, advanced SimLab Composer users can do it in composer, though It is not a 3D design application.

As a furniture manufacturer, there is no problem adding actions to my model in few minutes, then adding to the library so I can use it many times in the future, preparation time of these things in SimLab Composer is really short.

This tool is not for the average user rearranging things in her/his house.

Now regarding the features we add.

Diversity of SimLab Composer users is both our blessing and curse. We understand that someone working in education may need a tool that an interior designer will not need, animation from a car designer perspective is completely different from animation from an architect's point of view.

We enjoy moving all technologies and we do our best to make all users happy, and we thrive to make all users happy, still we have to give more weight to revenue generating users.

Ashraf

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Thank you for that explanation. I really do look forward to using and testing the new feature.. We really do understand the need to make features that carry the best option for revenue building. That benefits everyone.. But we also feel its important to suggest features that can do just that..

With the drag and drop into place option, will that allow for the object to be placed on the z/-z values.. So object can be stacked or built like kids building blocks.. I see the top cupboard being placed up higher, but is that hight a predetermined hight. or can the user adjust this...

Tessla..

Return to “SimLab Composer”