Scene State Capture..

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

Scene State Capture..

Postby Tessla » Fri May 18, 2018 3:50 am

Dear Simlab..

I have mentioned this issue many times.. When capturing a scene state, the thumb images are created and located in a very hard to find location when they should really be created within the file structure of the project or where the user wants them to be created. Also, the big issue is, the sizing of the Scene State Thumb Images simply does not work.. Its never worked.. The quality of the scene state thumb image is always horrible. So I have to use Screen capture to create my own scene states.. This is an entire feature that needs urgent attention.. The default size is what is created. The resizing option does not work...

Tessla..
Attachments
SceneState-1.jpg

Tessla

Re: Scene State Capture..

Postby Tessla » Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 am

Really do not know what is going on. This is the first time I have tried to create Scene State WebGL since V8.. But nothing seems to work as before... I make sure that in the template that I name the scene states correctly.. But they do not change to the view. If I double click on the scene state in SL, it changes.. But not in the WebGL..

Could you please check so see if I am not going mad...

Tessla...
Attachments
SceneStatesX.jpg

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 am

Its strange that the 3D PDF changes objects.. I like the transition between models..

Now the question is.. Why does the WebGL not work....

Tessla....

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat May 19, 2018 1:01 am

OK Simlab... I have made a 3D PDF using the same scene states and it all works fine.. However the WebGL does not.. I started all over again and made a new project... It seems WebGL has issues..

Tessla.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat May 19, 2018 2:16 am

I have to showcase some 3D CAD models to my students on Monday, but its not going to happen... 3D PDF works on my Mac but they do not work on Android Tablets... and.. WebGL Scene States do not work at all... and the Simlab ZIM Viewer does not show the background template or the scene states.... I made a new template but its not showing on Android.. :roll: :?

Tessla...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat May 19, 2018 6:37 am

I tried using V7, and while the Scene States work, there are other issues.. So I have to try and get V8 fixed..

Tessla..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat May 19, 2018 10:47 am

I stated from scratch.. It seems there is a bug with Scene Stats...

The other issue we have noticed is the distortion of the object.. It seems to distort more at one direction than the other.. But it really should not distort at all... Its like the field of view is wrong...

Tessla..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun May 20, 2018 12:07 am

The Scene States work using a 3D PDF with all 4 objects.. But as I said, this will not work on my Tablet..

There is also a strange issue with this. The first two objects, highlight with lines on the edges.. I did did not set this.. Its like a mouse over effect.. Not sure how to even do it.. The other 2 objects do not do it..

I hope the WebGL issue is fixed in V9....

Tessla.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sun May 20, 2018 12:33 am

I worked out the mouse over highlighting.. I had the first two object set to have an Action. Might be useful one day.

I removed the Action and that issue is resolved. However, the thumb navigation does not work. I am also frustrated with the entering of the Z axis.. I have the entire model set to centre and the axis point set to the centre, yet the object rotate off centre.

For the first time I have been asked by a high school head of department to create a demo resource to showcase 3D objects and I am unable to do it. :evil:

WebGL has many issues...
3D PDF will not work on my Tablet and schools do not use Adobe Acrobat since there are browsers that can show a PDF, but not a 3D PDF..
ZIM does not create a background or the thumb image navigation.

Tessla...

Return to “SimLab Composer”