Animation bug?

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Pocc

Animation bug?

Postby Pocc » Fri May 18, 2018 10:24 am

I've just tried to use the animation workbench for the first time , but I am encountering a bug wghich means I can't render up animations.

If I try RENDER>ANIMATION, it always 'skips' the first 39 frames of any animation. For example if I use round table mode it misses an element of the rotation.

I've tried a fresh file/scene creation and I've tried shifting the animation to start at frame 41 onwards as a work around, but then the 'Movie maker' won't work as it's looking for an image 001 I presume to start the sequence? Yes I can work around this by using various other pieces of software to rename or create the video from the images but it makes the process rather longer.

A couple of screen grabs below of the render run and of the resultant picture directory:

I've tried replacing my model with something small and simple - but it makes no difference - it still starts with frame 40 (the screen grab is of the Simlab standard Couch_B).

Can anyone throw any light of what I can do to make it render from farme 1??
Attachments
Animation_output.JPG
Animation_problem.JPG

SimLab

Re: Animation bug?

Postby SimLab » Sat May 19, 2018 12:24 am

Can you please install the latest version from the following link.

The issue was fixed in the latest version.

Pocc

Postby Pocc » Mon May 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello Simlab - I've installed the latest version 8.2.7 - but the program will still only start animating from frame 41 onwards as per attached sceen shot. Once again I tried a 'clean' new model so the bug is definitely in the software and not the file.

Capture.JPG

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

I remember getting this issue from a user and I believe it was fixed, Can you please pack the simple scene you are working on and send it to us, I will try to re-produce the issue to get it addressed ASAP

Pocc

Postby Pocc » Mon May 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi There - basic two-object file attached. all I am doing is adding a camera round table animation in to the scene and then Render>Animation.
Attachments
test basic animation.sim
(209.14 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Pocc

Postby Pocc » Fri May 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi Simlab - just wondered if there's any progress on this bug yet?

jsaid

Postby jsaid » Sat May 26, 2018 12:57 pm

@Pocc,

You said that the problem still exists even with latest version of SLC!

I tried to render simple box animation with and without camera animation, and everything worked as expected.

On the other hand, I'd downloaded your file and opened it in SLC 8.2.7 to render the scene's animation, and guess what? It worked as expected too! Take a look at the attached Figure.

If we considered it as a bug, then it is of the type that is hard to be reproduced.

The only thing I'm currently thinking in is to follow the ULTIMATE CLEAN UP PROCEDURE to wipe up your SLC perfectly from the root in order to start from ground-zero. If you're interested in the steps, I'll be glad to provide them to you.
Attachments
slc.jpg

Pocc

Postby Pocc » Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi Jsaid, if you're running 8.2.7 the same as me and the file works then yes my next step is to do a clean out with fresh install.

If you have a routine that will clean out the registry and any temp directories etc, I'd be grateful if you let me know.

Is there any steps necessary to secure the licence back to Simlab before cleaning out?

Thanks.

jsaid

Postby jsaid » Sun May 27, 2018 10:32 am

Yes, you've to secure your Pro license somewhere because you need it to activate your copy of SLC on your machine after installation.

To achieve all conditions required for fresh installation of SLC, do the following:

(1) Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > uninstall SimLab VR Showroom.
(2) Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > uninstall SimLab Composer.
(3) Run > enter %appdata% > Ok > browse through SimLab folder > delete folders with the names SimLab VR Showroom (Data loss is inevitable for downloaded models, etc.) SimLab Composer 8 (Data loss is inevitable such as you old renderings, etc.), SimLab Composer 8 v8.2.7 and all folders with the name SimLab Composer 8 v8.x.x.
(4) Run > enter regedit > Ok > on tree, go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimLab > delete SimLab VR Showroom folder> delete SimLab Composer 2018 folder.
(5) Optionally, Run > Enter %temp% > Ok > delete all files and folders there (some files cannot be deleted, do skip them).
(6) Reboot your machine.
(7)
Install the latest version of SimLab Composer, which is v8.2.7, as if you're installing it for the first time.
(8) Test by creating a new animation from scratch.

If the problem still there, then I think that we should take a look at your machine specifications.

Pocc

Re: Animation bug? - resolved

Postby Pocc » Tue May 29, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi Jsaid,

Yes a clean up and re-install worked. Running a 300 frame render overnight which definitely started on frame 0000.

Thanks for the help to resolve the issue quickly.

Return to “SimLab Composer”