Path joint not working in Simulation

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Hilarinho

Path joint not working in Simulation

Postby Hilarinho » Tue May 29, 2018 10:37 pm

Hello

I'm trying to make a sphere follow a path ( and after I will make other objects to follow the sphere inside Simulation ) , and found an example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBitU1-1MYg ( after 5:00 )

But my simulation is not playing. I even made a cut inside the sphere to allow me picking the internal edge with its centerpoint exact in center of sphere.

Anyone could describe a step by step for it ? My ' Simulation Time ' stays on 0 .

Also, the Help for the Simulation Workbench is poor... Where we can find a more complete Manual for it ? ( Like we had some years ago for the Material Rendering http://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-products/ ... render.pdf )

Thanks for help !
Attachments
2018-05-29 (1).png

kaled.abueid

Re: Path joint not working in Simulation

Postby kaled.abueid » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 am

if you follow the tutorial you just referred to, you should get a sphere following the path, no more steps to it, i can check the scene for any abnormalities if you would upload it, ( just go to file >pack) and attach the package here.
meanwhile, if you just want to create an animation of a sphere following a path you can simply use the "follow path" tool in the animation workbench, to create the animation select the sphere and from the "object" menu then select "follow path" ,determine the frame range for the animation then select the path and click on the green mark to confirm your selection.

jsaid

Re: Path joint not working in Simulation

Postby jsaid » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:25 am

I think that SimLab is working on new help system so called Dynamic Help (e.i. In-App), it is expected to be delivered with SLC9.1.

Return to “SimLab Composer”