Timeline play mode speed

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
jeant408

Timeline play mode speed

Postby jeant408 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Hello everybody,
I am testing the V9, and I wonder if it is possible to change the reading speed when playing a video in the time-line.
When playing the video the speed is too high and it does not give a good idea how the video will shown in reality.
Thanks in advance for the help,
Jean

SimLab

Re: Timeline play mode speed

Postby SimLab » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:55 am

Currently we try to run the animation fast, this basically gives you an understanding of the animation.

When you export 3D PDF, or render a movie, you can pick the frames per second for the output for example 30, 20, or 15

You can drag the current frame and move it in any speed you want to see the animation fast or slow.

This is the red box showing current frame in animation (red color)

Pocc

Postby Pocc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Just as a plus 1 - I use the slider to control the animation speed too and to joggle back and forth around key frames. I do think this is a better work process and is more interactive than a speed slider like in some of my other software.

jeant408

Postby jeant408 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Hello Simlab and Pocc,
Thank you for your answers.
Yes, indeed, ... and of course, ... I am also playing manually with the red box slider to see the animation :-).

But again, ... this does not give the real animation speed, which is around 20fr/sec.
So, the only way to check if the animation I am building is not too slow, or too fast, is to render the animation, ... choose the speed rate, and create the film with the Movie Maker. ... long process.

I am a bit surprised that apparently, I am the one and only animator to be embarrassed by this matter. Animation speed is, at my opinion one crucial point.

If by chance, an "animation speed tuner" could be added to the timeline in the next releases, ... it would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Jean

Return to “SimLab Composer”