Difference in Rendering Output With Same Environment Setting on 2 Different PC

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Kush Desai

Difference in Rendering Output With Same Environment Setting on 2 Different PC

Post by Kush Desai » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am

I have problem with rendering output of assembly with my 2 different computer having both running same simlab composer version 8.2.7 with same Environment setting for HDR, Background, Sun & Ground SPP Setting is also same 300 on both PC.
PC 1.jpg
As Required
- As Required
PC 2.jpg
Different output compare to PC 1 - Not Required
- Different output compare to PC 1 - Not Required

Moreover, if i active "Enable Fresnel" in Ground setting on PC 2 then i got my desired output but not excellently as PC 1
PC 2- With Enable Fresnel.jpg
- Enable Fresnel

PC 1 - Intel i7 7700 HQ Processor With On board Intel HD 630 & Dedicated Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics.
PC 2 - AMD FX 6100 Processor With Nvidia GTX 750 Ti Graphics.

please provide a solution for this. We are running out of our project timeline. we are unable to utilize our Both PC due to this issue.

Kush Desai

Re: Difference in Rendering Output With Same Environment Setting on 2 Different PC

Post by Kush Desai » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Dear SimLab,

Can you provide a solution for my issue listed above. We have 2 Licences and we need to use both PC to reach our project timeline. We have total 4 system but can't use them due to lake of licences also that other 2 systems we need to keep free for our CAD design and 2D drawing works. as rendering process consume almost 100% CPU so cant use system any more while rendering process is going on. also we cant limit processor core in setting because that will slower our rendering time.

Any how we finish our current project by using just single Pc and it takes around 9 days to finish + 1 day for video editing for background audio, text adding & effects etc etc as it was 9000+ frames to render for create a 4 min of animation. but we have upcoming projects with same or more higher length in next month.

If you can provide the setting which we can change and our problem will get solve?

One thing i would like to mention that after using it we are totally satisfy with this product we have create very much detailed animations of our design projects. it has few bugs sometimes it crashed etc etc but we managed to Handel it. well Done Simlab such a good and affordable product you have created.

Looking for your reply.

SimLab

Re: Difference in Rendering Output With Same Environment Setting on 2 Different PC

Post by SimLab » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:11 am

The problem is due to hardware difference.

Our new renderer utilizes new instructions that exists in the new machines, which seems not to exist in the old AMD machine.

That is why they are going through different rendering paths

The speed on the 7700 Intel machine should be much higher than the other one.
New AMD machines with Ryzen CPUS support the needed instructions and they can run very fast.

Each Pro license of SimLab Composer allows you to install on two machines to be used by the same user.

So 2 licenses allow you to install on 4 machines, this should solve the issue for you.

If you can share rendering results with us, we will really appreciate it, seems as a great project.

Stability was improved well in SimLab Composer 9.

Kush Desai

Post by Kush Desai » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:36 am

Thank you so much for your reply. we also find few related the reason for this issue from simlab forums and we come to know that our older AMD machine does not have render tab in preference which means its using old render so its clear now it is not software issue its our hardware limitation.

can you please explain this term in your last reply "Each Pro license of SimLab Composer allows you to install on two machines to be used by the same user." we are unable to understand same user means in terms of windows 10 ?

About Rendering, i will sure share it with you but will do a private message for this because we have made Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with clients so i cannot made it publicly from where people can download it. Request to you for the same dont share it with anyone or use it for marketing of your product. as its about our reputation.

Thank you so much....Have a Nice day !

SimLab

Post by SimLab » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:29 pm

The Node locked license is for a single user.

If the same user is using the software then she/he can install it on two machines.

Similar to the situation you described.
One for daily usage and one for rendering.