Blue Screen on render

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
ideally

Blue Screen on render

Post by ideally » Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi
I am trying Simlab on a trial license with a view to buying Rendering software.
My setup is:
Intel i7-9700K, 32Gb Ram, Windows 10.0.17134, NVIDIA RTX400 8Gb, GPU driver 25.21.14.2531 (09/04/2019), SimLab Composer 9 v9,1,19

This is a new, professionally sourced workstation whose rendering capability has been tested already,

When I attempt any kind or rendering of the simplest models, I can hear a fan picking up speed and then after around 10 seconds I get a blue screen: Stop code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

It is tempting to finish the trial here but I thought I would run this by you guys to see if anyone knows of a quick and simple fix or setting I should have.

Thanks, Ideally

SimLab

Re: Blue Screen on render

Post by SimLab » Thu May 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Is the machine overclocked.

The renderer utilizes all cpus in the machine, we know that overclocking the CPU high may cause and issue with rendering.

jsaid

Re: Blue Screen on render

Post by jsaid » Thu May 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Hello ideally,

To know if the issue is really related to CPU, I suggest you to monitor the maximum temperature that the machine reaches during rendering using a dedicated 3rd party program, such as Core Temp or HWMonitor. I know, I know that you said it is already a tested machine, but from a renderer to another or even from application to another the story becomes different. Just give it a try.

If you tried to search for the error code, you find that it is a hardware error. Please check here.

Regards

ideally

Re: ##SOLVED## Blue Screen on render

Post by ideally » Thu May 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Thanks to Simlab and Jsaid for the suggestions, which are spot on.

I contacted the PC vendor about the issue because I realise that BSOD really means hardware. They confirmed that the processor is overclocked. Before I had an aswer, I tried a couple of other (inferior in every respect) rendering packages, and they also failed.

BIOS is now reset, Simlab is now working perfectly and I have to say I am bowled over by the beautiful images I can now get from my CAD package. Jaw dropping! Thank you. I'm looking forward to a new paradigm of engineering illustrations,

Ideally