WebGL keeps unpacking forever

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
cyana

WebGL keeps unpacking forever

Post by cyana » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Dear all,

I'm having troubles with WebGL showing the model. While the local preview works, on the web the Unpacking... circle keeps spinning forever.

Any idea what's wrong?

thanks
Cyana

jsaid

Re: WebGL keeps unpacking forever

Post by jsaid » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:29 pm

@cyana,

What is the version of SimLab Composer that you're using? What is the Internet browser that you're using? We recommend you to install the latest version of SimLab Composer (ver. 9.2.10 or later). If installing latest version of SimLab Composer doesn't solve the problem, it may be considered as a bug.

The issue is that exported WebGL (a.k.a HTML5) should run with some local web server (e.g. Mangoose). If you're using Mozilla Firefox, then unfortunately Mozilla Firefox doesn't support/open WebGL by default.

Your exported WebGL files should work normally after uploading them on some web server.

Looking forward to your reply
Last edited by jsaid on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyana

Post by cyana » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:43 pm

Hi jsaid,

I've now updated SC to 9.2.10 (from 9.2.6) however the problem persists.

I'm using Firefox on default, but tried Edge and Safari as well with no success. Please look for yourself here:

http://www.microartwork.com/Portal/inde ... evel-files
(please scroll down to the bottom)

I've uploaded a screenshot from the localhost, where it works fine. I also tried a more simple model but it did not work either.

thank you
Cyana
Attachments
SCWebGL.png

cyana

Post by cyana » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:59 am

Hi jsaid,

here is a direct link to the WebGL:

http://www.microartwork.com/Portal/imag ... el200.html
ok, I just see that localhost only works on the first time when it is automatically opened by SC when the WebGL is created.

thanks
Cyana

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:54 am

@cyana,

Can you share the files of your model with us?

Ways of exporting WebGL form SLC:
- File > Export; SLC doesn't activate local web server
- File > 3D WebGL > Export; also SLC doesn't activate local web server
- File > 3D WebGL > Setting > Export; SLC activate local web server if Open File After Export is checked.
- Through command-line; SLC doesn't activate local web server
Last edited by jsaid on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:13 am

@ Cyana

Make sure all files have been uploaded. Nothing missing..

Also, check read/write permissions. Right mouse on the folder with the server folder.

Tesselaar..

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:19 am

@cyana,

I agree with @Tessla. It seems that you didn't upload the associated folder of the HTML file to the same path on the web server.

cyana

Post by cyana » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:25 am

Hi jsaid,

will send you the files in our afternoon (in around 5 hours) as I'm not on my computer at the moment.

Please let me know meanwhile which files you need:

- packed SC file
- generated WebGL
- both

.. and how I can send it to you.

localhost works when you generate the WebGL through the settings dialog with Open file after Export checked. As I did it always this way, I have no comparison with the other options, however this morning when I started the computer I found out that after a refresh of the browser or double clicking the generated local html file brings the forever spinning spinning wheel again. So my guess is that when the WebGL is generated, the file might be already unpacked correctly and the model displays correct. However, when the cache is cleared or on the web unpacking fails for whatever reason.
Make sure all files have been uploaded. Nothing missing..
I've uploaded the html together with the associated folder. Also, this would not explain why it fails also at localhost, where the files should be complete. Permissions are ok.

again, thanks for your efforts
Cyana

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am

We aim for the generated WebGL, but you can optionally provide us with the packed scene just in case. Please do it in the way that you prefer most; via email, external URL link, creating a ticket on SimLab Customer Portal, etc.
... after a refresh of the browser or double clicking the generated local html file brings the forever spinning spinning wheel again ...
, this is expected and it is totally healthy. Exporting any new HTML file will terminate any previous active local web server service (if any). In other words, the web server is always tied with the most recent exported HTML file.

If so, we may confirm it as a bug after doing the investigation from our side.

We're the ones who thank you for your great feedback and patience.

Regards

cyana

Post by cyana » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi jsaid,

here as promised all files in Level200.zip:

http://www.microartwork.com/LUT/Level200.zip

BTW, I also checked the possibility that the webkit does not find the Level200.zip due to the domain forwarding of my webpage (microartwork.com is forwarded to microartwok.com/Portal) but this also seems not to be the case; using absolute web addresses does not cure the problem.

Again thanks for your efforts - would be cool if the issue can be resolved soon, because it's a fantastic feature.

best greetings
Cyana