WebGL keeps unpacking forever

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
jsaid

Re: WebGL keeps unpacking forever

Post by jsaid » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:11 am

@cyana,

We exported your model into WebGL, and we run it locally and remotely. It worked perfectly. You can visit the link that we've created for you.

Note: Link will be expired after 24 hours.

Screenshot-(256).jpg
Screenshot-(257).jpg
Screenshot-(257)_2.jpg

cyana

Post by cyana » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:36 am

Hi jsaid,

thank you very much - your link also works here on my side. So most obviously there is a problem with my webserver.

I did following tests:

- removed the domain forwarding. Problem persists.

- put WebGL files into a folder outside the Joomla installation. Same problem.

- put WebGL files onto another domain (same ISP). Same problem.

- put WebGL files onto another domain (different ISP). WORKS

Looked into my .htaccess files but have no clue what could cause the problem. Are there any requirements?

thanks for your help
Cyana

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:23 am

@cyana,

I'm afraid to say that you may need to contact the party which is responsible for hosting your website. In fact, you represent the first case who have such problem. Any way, you may also have to review the configuration of your website by accessing its control panel interface provided by most companies.

Best regards

cyana

Post by cyana » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi jsaid,

thanks for your reply. I'm aware that I have to investigate the problem maybe together with the ISP. It however would be very helpful if you could provide me with some technical details what the js-scripts actually do, e.g. where to the zip is unpacked and so on. I'm in fear that my ISP considers one technical detail or technique of the WebGL as malicious code and blocks it.

best greetings and thanks
Cyana

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:58 pm

@cyana,

The unpacking process happens locally on client-side. I believe that all web servers support JavaScript natively.

Good luck

StefanoKD

Post by StefanoKD » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:29 am

I have been experiencing the same issue.

However, my end goal is not to use this webgl on a website, but rather to have a convenient file which can be sent to clients/coworkers and not require additional software to be installed or used to open the file.

As mentioned earlier, when the "open file after export" box is ticked, the htlm file opens using localhost with no issues. However when I double click the html5 file, it just endlessly unpacks.

Is there a way to have this file open successfully every time it is opened? I want it to be available simply after downloading the file from an email attachment, whatsapp, etc...

SimLab

Post by SimLab » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:43 pm

For sharing WebGL with others your best option is to upload it to a website, so you can share a link and this should work for all.

For testing locally, we built a simple free tool that allows you to view webgl file locally, more information and download link can be found here