Removing shadows from Lights, does not work..

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

Removing shadows from Lights, does not work..

Post by Tessla » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi Simlab...

I removed all shadows from lights, yet during Live View, and Rendering, the shadows are still visible. How can I remove them..

Tesselaar..

Tessla

Re: Removing shadows from Lights, does not work..

Post by Tessla » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:49 pm

Just cannot remove shadows.. I have tried exiting, turning off our Mac, however, shadows still remove.. Seems that this feature has a glitch...

Tesselaar..
Attachments
SimLab_922.jpg

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:51 am

@Tessla,

How did you do that? Did you toggle off Cast Shadows checkbox option shown in the Figure.

Best regards
Attachments
Capture_cast_shadow.PNG
Capture_cast_shadow.PNG (26.26 KiB) Viewed 204 times

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:32 am

Hi, yes.. Every single light has the Cast Shadow turned off.. Yet, shadows appear...

Tesselaar..

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:57 am

@Tessla,

I'm afraid to say that Cast Shadows is a VR option; its effect is only visible in the Viewer! I believe that we have to make this clear for users. We directed the issue to developers.

Thank you

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:15 pm

Wow, that's really quite crazy.. You mean there is no way to render a pano image within an enclosed room, and not be able to remove the shadows.. Its the shadows which makes the rendered image look so horrible.. There is just so much noise in the render. Lighting has always been an issue with Similar Composer. Trying to get an acceptable outcome is time consuming and often not so nice results. Well, at least we know know. We spend hours getting nowhere..

I have to wait to use V10 before I can even use the VR Viewer.. At the moment I have no access to it..

Thank you

Tesselaar..

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi Simlab..

Sorry, but its not the case. The shadows from the VR Viewer within Simlab still have yuck shadows..

This issue is not just apparent for rendering a 360 pano, how on earth can it work correctly to setup lighting using Live Preview, to achieve the correct outcome for VR, when the Live Preview is nothing like the VR output..

Scene capture from VR Viewer 360 and 3D.. The 3D is useless.. The VR Viewer still has shadows..

Something is not right.. Hope its resolved in V10.. We do not have much time left of our holiday to test out Simlab Composer. When V10 is released, we will have to wait until Term holidays. Unless its months away..

Tesselaar..
Attachments
VR-Viewer-3D.jpg
VR-Vewer-360.jpg