mannequin used in Viewer Start Position

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Pocc

mannequin used in Viewer Start Position

Post by Pocc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Hello All - hope you're all keeping well and safe.

I have a bit of a puzzle. When you 'set start position' the package places a model of a male mannequin in the scene to represent the virtual reality person. The mannequin appears like any other Simlab object - visible, textured, material allocated etc, alpah =1 etc. Yet when you render the scene with the mannequin in, he disappears - this of course being logical if you don't want to show the 'viewer' in your scene or simulation.
mannequin1.jpg
mannequin2.jpg
My question is how DO I show the mannequin in the render if I want to?

For example, I might want to render a scene with the mannequin stood in position so I can let the customer see what a space looks like with someone standing say at the kitchen counter. Am I missing a setting in this Simlab object that would make him visible when rendering?

I know I could find 3D mannequins on line, but if there is a way to render the Simlab mannequin, it would be sensible as it saves taking up extra memory and adding to the file size.

Any clues from the Simlab faithfull would be appreciated :)

sbecker777

Re: mannequin used in Viewer Start Position

Post by sbecker777 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:54 pm

It's easy. Select the ViewerStartPosition object (the mannequin) and select the Copy icon and drag the copy to the desired position, rotate, etc.
Copy icon.png
Copy icon.png (30.82 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Delete the original ViewerStartPosition object if you want. Now the copy of the mannequin you just made will render.

Steve

sbecker777

Post by sbecker777 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:43 am

By the way, this only works for rendering (F4) and rendering to file (F5). It doesn't work in VR.
Steve

Pocc

Post by Pocc » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 am

sbecker777 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:54 pm
It's easy. Select the ViewerStartPosition object (the mannequin) and select the Copy icon and drag the copy to the desired position, rotate, etc.
Copy icon.png
Delete the original ViewerStartPosition object if you want. Now the copy of the mannequin you just made will render.

Steve
Thanks Steve :D this worked, I was sure I had tried this but guess I hadn't - think what I actually tried was saving it as a separate file.

I'd still to know if there's a property somewhere in the object that can be toggled on or off to make an object invisible when rendering.

SimLab

Post by SimLab » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm

Another option is to import the model

it is located in the following location

%appdata%\SimLab\SimLab Composer 9\data\VR\ViewerStart\Male_Caucasian_Casual.zim

Pocc

Post by Pocc » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:50 am

Thanks Simlab - yes that's probably the best way :)