SimLab Composer Materials

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
SimLab

SimLab Composer Materials

Postby SimLab » Sat May 03, 2014 10:27 am

This post is created based on users requests to allow sharing material libraries.
It is helpful to share the mlb file with an image showing the materials included inside it.

ameier

Re: SimLab Composer Materials

Postby ameier » Sun May 04, 2014 9:21 pm

Nice idea. Would be links to cloud services like dropbox or google drive allowed ? I could offer a librarie with wooden materials inside. But the file size is round about 340 megabytes. I would not spam the forum with that stuff :mrgreen:

ameier

Postby ameier » Sun May 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Hello to all developers like Ashraf. Please don´t hit me..... ;)

It would be very helpful if simlab users could rearrange the materials... :idea:

For example: If a forum user has provided a good texture and i want this within the structure of the own place. At the moment (also in the first 2015 Beta) I can't do this. Or is there a workaround.... every tip is welcome :mrgreen:

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm

We always enjoy listing to you Andreas,

I will check if we can do it in the official release, if not it will be in SP1.

Sure you can share an a drop box link.

For users posting to this post, please indicate if we can share the link, or if we can including part of the materials in next releases of SimLab Composer.

Ashraf

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 am

Andreas,

Automatic Alphabetic ordering was added and will be included in the release.
Looking for your feedback when you test it.

Ashraf

neilr

Postby neilr » Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 am

I am working in the beta and have been playing with materials and getting my work flow figured out, liking it so far. Attached is a pic of the first mats I am doing and I will upload them after the beta in case changes are made and I have to redo them a bit. I have many marble textures I am going to be making normal and bump maps for and I will share them as I get them done.

The first one is a graph paper texture that I use when I am creating texture coords, when the squares are square I know I have the ratio of x and y correct, this really improves the look of your mats. Second is the same texture but I wanted a transparent graph for some effects, I plan on making a better cleaner version soon. The last three are my most used marbles.
Attachments
Mat1.png

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Thu May 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Great Marble materials Neilr.

Höregrö

Postby Höregrö » Wed May 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Here's a simple water material with ripples/small waves. Add it to a large circular plane to simulate a sea scene, then adjust the normal map scale and strength.

SimLab_10326.jpg

[The extension mlb has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

neilr

Postby neilr » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Marble Materials.

These Mats are divided into several libraries with 6 materials each. Download each library that you want and in simlab got to manage materials in the materials tab, select two libraries and choose merge. It will ask you to decide to either merge them into one of the two libraries or to create a new one, I recommend creating a new on for the first merge and call it simply Marble, then merge any other marble libraries into this one. I have close to 60 materials I am making for this project maybe more if I decide to make some tiles with the different marbles.....so pick and choose which ones you want or get them all if you like there is no license and you are free to use change and distribute any materials I post here as you wish.

BTW they are set in alphabetical order.....
Marble1.jpg

well it looks like the library files are to large even when broken down to 6 materials they are as large as the full library of 24 materials...134 megs........guess we can't share libraries here just single materials.....

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Neilr,

Please export the material library and send it to me using something like drop box, I will post on a fast web server and provide a link for others to download it.

send to asulan at simlab-soft dot com

Return to “SimLab Composer”