Option to save Sequences into a Library...

Share any feature you'd like to see in composer coming releases
Tessla

Option to save Sequences into a Library...

Postby Tessla » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi.. I have requested this feature before but now that you have Sequences in V8, I am hoping that it might be possible in the future to save those Sequences into a Library for use in any other Projects.. This would mean that a sub project could be used to create the assets for larger projects..

Destiny...

SimLab

Re: Option to save Sequences into a Library...

Postby SimLab » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Did you try it, it should be already working.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Oh wow.. Well, I have tried it but I do not seem to be able to add the Sequence into the Library.. I can create a folder but I cannot add the Sequence Animation into it....

How do I do it..??

Destiny...

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:28 am

Create a 3D model.

Add sequences to the 3D model

Add the 3D model to the library, it should be saved with its sequences.

As soon as you drop it back from library it should come with its sequences.

If this does not work for you please let me know

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 pm

But how to get it into the Library...?? At the moment its in the main scene with its Actions..

I have tried dragging it.. There is no option to Add To Library.. Confused!

Destiny...

SimLab wrote:Add the 3D model to the library, it should be saved with its sequences.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi.. OK.. I managed to save the Object into the Library.. BUT... NOT my Library Folder...

I opened Manage Libraries..> I created a New Folder..> But if I try to save the objet into that, all I get is a grey image.. I do not get the option to Render Preview either..

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:57 pm

I removed my Folder and created a new one.. I now have my Sequence Model in the Library..

But.. I am unable to ADD it to a scene.. If I add the object to the scene everything else goes.. I can either Drag the model into the scene or double click it.. What ever, I just see..... Loading Scene. Its not saved the Model but rather I am guessing, the Entire Scene.. But there is only the Sequence Model.. No cameras and no ground..Nothing else..

Oh hum.. Getting late again.. Spot on 12 mid night.. I will try again in the morning..

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:14 pm

OK.. Just the last test tonight...

If I create a Library folder under Objects, the object will go into the scene without it removing anything else. However, the animation sequence will not work..

If I create a Library folder. under Model, the object will remove everything in the sceene but it will animate the sequence..

Time for some ZZZZZZ

Destiny..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:49 am

Hi..

I tried it again this morning.. IT WORKED! :D :shock: :o I did not do anything, I just added it like last night.. Perhaps I should have rebooted my Mac..

I deleted the 'Model' folder since that will just start a new Scene.. It does warm me its going to do it..

I have attached my test gaming for you to see.. Basically its a Lift to take the X to the top to see the Compass reading.. I was thinking I could create a few button options. Like 4+5=7, 4+5=8 and 4+5=9 Each button could have difference animations. Only the correct answer will take the X to the top to view the compass... to get a clue on which object to go to next ect.. I need to play with some sound options too.. I do not have much in the way of sounds..

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Destiny...
Attachments
DestinyGamingTest.vrzim.zip
(4.59 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

Return to “Composer Feature Requests”