Point Cloud Support

Share any feature you'd like to see in composer coming releases
ketan

Point Cloud Support

Postby ketan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:10 pm

It would be interesting if SimLab could support point cloud files, enabling the user to view the point clouds in VR. I currently use the software Undet to view point clouds within SketchUp. Please see the link to their website below:

http://www.undet.com/software/for-sketchup-v1/

Destiny

Re: Point Cloud Support

Postby Destiny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:27 am

Hi.. It would be cool for Simlab to support Point Cloud and use it in a VR Tour, however it might limited need via users since to capture Point Cloud data, requires unique expensive hardware, as far as I know.. Therefore, not much demand for it. I do know some people who capture 3D point cloud data images so I will ask more about it.. Do you know of any general CAD software that supports Point Cloud..??

Destiny...

chrisd

Re: Point Cloud Support

Postby chrisd » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:10 am

There are many point cloud formats ... PLY, ASC, E57, XYZ, FLS (Faro) are a few common ones. Autodesk applications are now using RCP (Recap) although there does not seem to be a lot of support for that outside of Autodesk apps.

CloudCompare is free, and can view and edit many of the common formats. There is a Mac port provided by another source, and a link for the Mac download is provided from the CloudCompare site.

Return to “Composer Feature Requests”