Piton Motor Simulation - Destiny

Tessla

Piton Motor Simulation - Destiny

Postby Tessla » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:18 am

Hi..

The 3D PDF does not look as nice as the Movie.. There are some issues with lighting.. Depending on which lighting used, the wooden base and the metal base will display without the black areas..

This model has a lug that slides between another part to create the motion of the second piston. It has a Prismatic Joint added to make it work but also a Revolute... Tricky!.. In actual fact, the model has not been made correctly.. If I were to add Collision to the model, it would not work. Simulation is an amazing tool to test the workability of a 3D model..

Destiny...
Attachments
DestinyPistonMotor.pdf.zip
(3.16 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
Last edited by Tessla on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tessla

Re: Piton Motor Simulation - Destiny

Postby Tessla » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:37 am

Hey... I had a thought that perhaps the materials I used are not supported by a 3D PDF which would explain why it does not look so nice.. In that case, I am assuming that I would need to make two versions, one for Movie Rendering and the other that support 3D PDFs. I remember that an older version of Simlab Composer had materials set for PDF safe..

Simlab Composer is a million times better than 3D VIA Composer for a fraction of the price.. However, there is only one thing that I liked about 3D VIA and that was its material support for 3D PDFs.. The metals particularly looked really nice in 3D PDFs.. Perhaps in time Simlab Composer might improve on its 3D PDF metals....

Destiny..
Last edited by Tessla on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tessla

Re: Piton Motor Simulation - Destiny

Postby Tessla » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:48 am

Yep.. PDFs do no like some Textures.. Like wood or ceramics.. Better to use plain metals..

Destiny..
Attachments
DestinyPistonMotorPDF.pdf
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 70 times

Return to “Simulation”