Rendering in V10

Tessla

Rendering in V10

Post by Tessla » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi.. I rendered my very first spring I modelled using C4D.. Fantastic..! I even animated it but sad to say I cannot show it here.. But.. if Simlab adds some requested features, I can.. ;) ;) There is something fun about modelling springs.. I just love springs.. Especially when they are animated!!.. We really want to add an animated spring into a VR..

V10 in are opinion is defiantly quicker at rendering than V9, depending on the settings. SPP 400 is quite high, or at least high enough for most uses and will look fine in a movie file.. This single image, 1280X1080 took just under 3 minutes to render.. I think that was fine.. The output is nice too..

Tesselaar..
Attachments
SimLab.jpg

jsaid

Re: Rendering in V10

Post by jsaid » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:51 am

@Tessla,

According to my knowledge, SLC does not animate springs. However, try to animate springs in 3D DCC of your choice then export it to FBX, for example, with enabled baked animation option, before importing it to SLC; I think this way should let you add an animated spring into a VR experience.

Regards

Tessla

Re: Rendering in V10

Post by Tessla » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:28 am

Hi.. You are right, Simlab Composer does not animate a springs.. I created it in C4D. I used it to test out the rendering speed between V9 and V10 using the same model. This is just a rendered image to share using a spring as the model... and to see the quality of render between V9 and V10..

Actually, the FBX format, even after Baking does not support the morphing animation.. We have experimented so much these past few weeks.. The only way we have found is to use the Alembic .abc format or as a sequence of .obj's..

Flexible animation is lacking in Composer, but we feel we have found a way to do it..

Tesselaar.