Pilouteries

User avatar
Pilou
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Pilouteries

Postby Pilou » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:04 pm

bouc.jpg
bouc.jpg (20.56 KiB) Viewed 732 times

kur.jpg
kur.jpg (97.94 KiB) Viewed 732 times

Sans titre - 11.jpg
Sans titre - 11.jpg (35.23 KiB) Viewed 732 times

vox.jpg
vox.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 732 times

ivor1.jpg
ivor1.jpg (66.91 KiB) Viewed 730 times

kur5b.jpg
Attachments
form.jpg
form.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 732 times

User avatar
Pilou
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Pilouteries

Postby Pilou » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:29 am

ZBrush Model
yop.jpg
yop.jpg (113.68 KiB) Viewed 704 times

User avatar
Destiny
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: Pilouteries

Postby Destiny » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:01 pm

Hey.. I really love ZBrush, it can make amazing 3D models and it has great rendering too.. I have versions 2.1 for Windows, but its now really really expensive so I cannot afford to buy it for my Mac. There are some really great CAD software apps like Modo.. Very very nice but, even their education licence is expensive and I refuse to buy software on time limit.. The last time I bought it I used it no more than 10 times. I tell schools to stay away from it. Same with Solidworks.. I really did liked using it but I only used it a few times over the year before the licence expired.. I will not buy it again.. I will not promote it in schools either since it works out to be far too expensive. Software seems to be updating so quick these days.. Its hard to keep up with it all.. Software like Simlab Composer is really great value. Easy to use and getting better with each new version. Its the software I use the most..

Destiny....

matt_one
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Pilouteries

Postby matt_one » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Destiny wrote:Hey.. I really love ZBrush, it can make amazing 3D models and it has great rendering too.. I have versions 2.1 for Windows, but its now really really expensive so I cannot afford to buy it for my Mac. There are some really great CAD software apps like Modo.. Very very nice but, even their education licence is expensive and I refuse to buy software on time limit.. The last time I bought it I used it no more than 10 times. I tell schools to stay away from it. Same with Solidworks.. I really did liked using it but I only used it a few times over the year before the licence expired.. I will not buy it again.. I will not promote it in schools either since it works out to be far too expensive. Software seems to be updating so quick these days.. Its hard to keep up with it all.. Software like Simlab Composer is really great value. Easy to use and getting better with each new version. Its the software I use the most..

Destiny....


If you are interested in 3d modeling then take a look at Fusion 360, it seems an interesting 3d modeling tool. It's free for students, educators and hobbyists.
Cheers!

User avatar
Destiny
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: Pilouteries

Postby Destiny » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:10 am

Hi.. Yes.. I have Fusion 360 on my Mac.. I installed it a few weeks ago.. No idea how to use it.. :oops: :? I also have Maya and AutoCAD too.. AutoDesk are amazing.. They provide all their software for free to schools and teaches etc.. But not so easy to use.. I will have to find time to learn how to use it.. I need to find out if the tooling can be made visable on the stage all the time.. I find it very awkward to try to find the tools, its confusing.. I was learning Inventor but there is no version for a Mac.. Inventor cannot do what Simlab Composer can do in regards to animation and to save as 3D PDF, you have to download a different software app. Not much of the AutoDesk software will work on a Mac.. I played with SoftImage for a while but its no longer being supported.. I viewed some videos on it. Just amazing..

Destiny..

User avatar
Pilou
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Pilouteries

Postby Pilou » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:25 am

@Destiny
For your MAC
A very cool Nurbs one very easy and very ergonomic is Moi3D by a father of Rhino 8-) (not free)
The cool thing is that you have direct link with the Author Michael Gibson on the Moi forum!
Another very cool thing: he makes free functions that you ask him if that takes no more 10 minutes for do it!
SimLab is recommended by Michael! ;)
Another one in Box Modeling and free is SketchUp Make! (the more easy modeler that i know) 8-)
Direct importation to SImlab! 8-)
like this one from Sketchup Make 2017 with last version of Simlab :)
2017ok.jpg
2017ok.jpg (35.91 KiB) Viewed 680 times

User avatar
Pilou
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Pilouteries

Postby Pilou » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:01 am

From the free Rocket 3F ;)
Sure I can make the same directly with basic Shapes of Simalb but it was for test the import function! :)
bul1.jpg

matt_one
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Pilouteries

Postby matt_one » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Destiny wrote:Hi.. Yes.. I have Fusion 360 on my Mac.. I installed it a few weeks ago.. No idea how to use it.. :oops: :? I also have Maya and AutoCAD too.. AutoDesk are amazing.. They provide all their software for free to schools and teaches etc.. But not so easy to use.. I will have to find time to learn how to use it.. I need to find out if the tooling can be made visable on the stage all the time.. I find it very awkward to try to find the tools, its confusing.. I was learning Inventor but there is no version for a Mac.. Inventor cannot do what Simlab Composer can do in regards to animation and to save as 3D PDF, you have to download a different software app. Not much of the AutoDesk software will work on a Mac.. I played with SoftImage for a while but its no longer being supported.. I viewed some videos on it. Just amazing..

Destiny..

There are many interesting programs....but the main point is time, never enough!
24 hours day is wrong, it should be increased to 32 hours.

User avatar
Destiny
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: Pilouteries

Postby Destiny » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:34 pm

I agree.. Never enough time.. I would suggest moving to Mars but we would only gain about 40 mins.. Its OK, its the weekend.. No need for sleep ... I can do that at work next week.. :lol: I would love to learn Maya but its far too hard.. I was acquiring some knowledge in using 3D Studio Max but there is no Mac version so I have now forgotten what I have learnt.. :roll:

Destiny..

matt_one
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Pilouteries

Postby matt_one » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Destiny wrote:I agree.. Never enough time.. I would suggest moving to Mars but we would only gain about 40 mins.. Its OK, its the weekend.. No need for sleep ... I can do that at work next week.. :lol: I would love to learn Maya but its far too hard.. I was acquiring some knowledge in using 3D Studio Max but there is no Mac version so I have now forgotten what I have learnt.. :roll:

Destiny..

Mars, definitely not a nice place to live!
Like you, I would like to learn a lot of program, but as I already said, time is our enemy.
However, it depends a lot on what you need and maybe a specific program is better suited to you.
You do know which type of 3d modeling you want to do, NURBS or Sub-D?
As regard Sub-D, you may already know that Blender is free. Silo is another interesting program, not free but not so expensive, and it seems easy to learn.


Return to “Rendering (images)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests