interior rendering

scottofazphx123

Re: interior rendering

Postby scottofazphx123 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Are you rendering with the interior renderer? Also check your light depth setting increase if needed. If none of these work my guess is that the HDRI itself is not correct, try using on a different renderer. So check light depth, check that you are using interior renderer (light portals to work) and last check hdri or try a different known good one.

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:09 pm

This topic interests me, too. I would like to see a tutorial about indoor visualization(lighting, custom cameras and renderer settings). If such a video exists, please share it.

SL does a wonderful outdoor rendering. But indoor I do not understand.

Rendering above is very good. Although there are many controversial points. All reflective surfaces are over-exposed (window handles, table lamps, metal parts of chairs etc...). Shadows are very hard (pillows, shadow on the furniture). It is difficult to fix in Photoshop. Although in general I like it.

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:27 pm

The following interior rendering tutorial should be a good start to start with interior rendering

Direct link to video

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes, I have seen it. Good video, but there are two points:

1. If I increase "Fild of View" parameters, the fish eye effect increases too. I do not like this effect. Usually I use a range between 15 and 30. It would be nice to be able to manipulate camera lenses or something like that.
2. Indoors rendering lasts incredibly long. Despite this, there are enough artifacts and noise. To save time and nerves, I simple hide one or more walls. It is not very correct. But so far I have not found another way.

I very rarely do architectural visualization. So I did not have enough time for experiments. I very rarely do architectural visualization. So I do not have enough experience.

Ihab

Postby Ihab » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Architecture renders take more time because rays bounce multiple times, whereas in open scenes, most rays only make one bounce before leaving the scene.

Therefore, interior vs. exterior rendering is not a fair comparison. Please compare Simlab interior renderer with other photorealistic renderers in an interior scene of you choice, you'll be in for a treat.

Thanks,
Ihab

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 am

Ihab wrote:Please compare Simlab interior renderer with other photorealistic renderers in an interior scene of you choice, you'll be in for a treat.

I have no experience in this field. But my friend is specialized in interior rendering. He uses 3DMax+V-Ray. I can only say that his renderings are super realistic and almost does not differ from real photos. These renderings are printed in catalogs etc...

I was not interested this theme. So I saw only a few of SL's indoor renderings and I can not compare. I will learn it. :|

Gerd

Postby Gerd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Hello,

They were right, I have rendered with the outdoor Setting. :oops:
I have now tried a few different setting and am satisfied so far.

Which I do not understand is that the terrace at the large window appears black although it is covered with a light wood texture.

I think that caused the light portal. But I do not know how to prevent this.

Thanks for helping

many regards
gerd
Attachments
K800_Bungalow4508.JPG
K800_Bungalow4497.JPG
K800_Bungalow4491.JPG

Ihab

Postby Ihab » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:37 pm

hornpipe wrote:I can only say that his renderings are super realistic and almost does not differ from real photos. These renderings are printed in catalogs etc..

Not that V-ray is not a powerful engine, but your friend is most likely relying on heavy post processing to get his results. Some random example: http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... photoshop/

It is very hard to beat pathtracing in terms of quality (caustics is the exception, since unidirectional PT suffers with that), and SL composer interior rendering is pretty close to ground truth.

Thanks,
Ihab

ps. Sorry Mohamad to hijack the thread :D LOVE your rendering, please show us more!

Ihab

Postby Ihab » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Gerd wrote: Which I do not understand is that the terrace at the large window appears black although it is covered with a light wood texture.

Beautiful renders, Gerd!

yes, light portal allows light in one direction only, two solutions:
1- either make the portal include the window+terrace
2- or render the terrace separately without portals and merge the renders

Anyway, I believe you'll get better solutions from others.

ameier

Postby ameier » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Hello Gerd!

here are some nice webinar videos with some additional Infos in german......... This should be not an advertisement. Found that while surfing the web for SimLab tutorials in german. Please note - you have to register to get the YouTube link!

https://www.softtech.de/service/mediath ... hek-SimLab

Regards

Andreas

P.s.: vielleicht kannst Du Deine überarbeitete Szene nochmal hochladen, dann schaue ich mal was sich mit der dunklen Stelle noch so machen lässt ;-) Übrigens - sieht doch schon ganz gut aus!

Return to “Rendering (images)”