Manson Engine

Destiny

Re: Manson Engine

Postby Destiny » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:10 am

Ihab, I checked again and you were right. Roughness was still set at about .05.. Its painful to remove all the Roughnesses from all parts.. Is there a quicker way to do it..

I have started the rendering again...

Thank you

Destiny...

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:30 am

Very nice.. I doubt if it could be rendered any better in Keyshots.. and that software is sooo expensive with a fraction of the options Simlab Composer has.. If Simlab focuses more on Realistic Rendering, equal or better than Keyshots, it will be wonderful.. Also add an array kind of rendering option, which I have been asking for.. Keyshots has the feature so no reason why Simlab Composer does not.. I will have to do some more nagging.. I am a women, so thats my task in life is to nag.. :lol: :lol: or so my husband tell me.. :oops:

I will let this setting render the full set of frames and post the movie up laster..

Destiny..
Attachments
SimLab000000.png

Ihab

Postby Ihab » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:11 am

Destiny wrote:Very nice.. I doubt if it could be rendered any better in Keyshots..

No way.

Destiny wrote: or so my husband tell me.. :oops:

you have a brave husband :lol:
Can you explain the array rendering option a bit more? not sure I follow this request.

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:33 am

Well, at the moment you have a PDF, WebGL and a Movie to view a 3D model.. Even though a Array of images will not allow for animated parts, it would still be an option to view High Quality interactive 3D objects.. Which should work on any platform... For this, there need to be an option to render two sizes.. Mobile and Desktop..

An Array is basically a 360 rendering of an object at different rows.. I tried to do it in Simlab by moving the camera on an arch but it did not work so well.. If you download the trial of Keyshot, you will have an option to render an array.. Object2VR has a LightTable, which allows for rows and columns of images to be added. Normally you would use a camera for Object photography to capture the images but the great thing about CAD objects is that they can look very real after rendering.. You can see the attached Object2VR LightTable.. I am sure you will get the idea..

There may well be an option to not only add images but basic animations too.. Even Text Boxes could be added..

This is a very basic test with only two rows... Just just your mouse to move up and down and rotate.. More rows would be better.. http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/Obje ... gClip.html

Destiny...
Attachments
Object2VRLightTable.jpg

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:02 pm

If the animation was rendered, and placed on one row, the row above or below should have the same animation but captured at a different angle.. So as the model was rotated it would animate.. If the user dragged their mouse up or down, the animation sequence frame number would be at the same frame number so the animated parts would be at the same place..

The benefits in all this is realistic rendered quality and it can work on any platform without a player.. :)

Destiny....

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:12 am

It seems to me that KeyShot sometimes render not bad too. ;)
There is a rumor that the rendering is 30% high-quality materials and 70% lighting.
KS can create quik complex materials from null. KS can easy generate custom HDRi images.
Expensive?
SL's Mechanical Edition costs more than 500€. If you add at least these two features, the price will increase to a minimum 1000€.
KSs price is fair.

As for 360 rendering, this is an incredibly useful feature. When SL announced 360 rendering function, I was very glad and expected to see something like this. The problem is that terminology in new 3D media has not yet taken root. SL understand 360 rendering as a 360 panorama image. May be in 9. version. :)

Ihab

Postby Ihab » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:28 am

hornpipe wrote:It seems to me that KeyShot sometimes render not bad too. ;)

I don't think the summary above gives justice to composer: 3D PDF, texture baking, solid VR route, more realistic renders, and more advanced interiors were simply neglected.

I don't want to start a SW war here, but your comparison just astonished me.

p.s. The above is my personal opinion and does not present SimLab's opinion in any shape, way, or form :D

Thanks,
Ihab

Ihab

Postby Ihab » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:37 am

Destiny wrote:If the animation was rendered, and placed on one row, the row above or below should have the same animation but captured at a different angle..

wouldn't this be an overkill? assuming you are rendering a 4x3 array, it means that you are rendering the animation 12 times, and when you view it, you are actually downloading 12 * 100 [assuming 100 frames animation] = 1200 images to the browser.

I see the value of this for still images, but not sure about animations. are there examples with animations?

Thanks,
Ihab

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:01 am

Sorry, but I did not compare the programs. It was purely financial interest. I tried to analyze pricing in general.
For example, only one program Lightmap HDR Studio costs about 1000€. We can assume that same feature in KS significantly increases the cost of software. Is not it?

With regard to "more realistic renders", it is a very subjective judgment. It strongly depends on experience, relevant knowledge of lighting, material properties etc... and artistic taste.

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:07 am

Sorry Ihab, but I do not think it to be an over kill.. There are many website with rendered array images to showcase their products.. It provides a very realistic view of a product at different angles.. KeyShots provides an option, Object2VR provides an option to use an array of images, and Zoomify are thinking about it.. There are few option to view a 3D Rendered Array of images.. This is a Object2VR example.

https://ggnome.com/object2vr/examples/vespa

One row could be normal, another could have animated parts and so on.. I have already tried to add a circle path to a camera array in Simlab Composer but it did not work so well.. It was jumpy..

Anyway.. Something for you to think about.. for V9 perhaps.. ;)

Hey.. Don't you ever sleep.. :lol: But its nice to see you active on the forum.. ;)

Destiny...

Return to “Rendering (movies)”