VR of a Kitchen with a VR Headset link...

Tessla

VR of a Kitchen with a VR Headset link...

Post by Tessla » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:40 am

Hi... Let me know how this looks viewed using a VR Headset. I do not have one since there are few option when using a Mac..

You can get the model from here... https://grabcad.com/library/kitchen-130

http://tesselaar-romanoff.com/3D-CAD-VR ... henVR.html

Tesselaar..

cssmythe3

Re: VR of a Kitchen with a VR Headset link...

Post by cssmythe3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:10 pm

This is pretty cool - are you just exporting to webgl or some other pipeline?

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi.. No, this is not WebGL.. I cannot achieve the same results as yet using SLC.. Simlab are working on a better WebGL output.. For this test, I rendered using SL, but I used a 3rd party software to create the VR.. For some strange reason, if I use the same rendered image for Grid VR, the quality goes way down.. I think its done as a high optimisation process in SLC.. The big issue with Grid VR, SL does not export large high quality rendered images in slices to allow any zoom at all and in doing so, kills the image quality.. The interactivity is also very stuff.. Simlab really needs to work on a process of slicing up the images into sets, similar to how the software I use does it and Zoomify software does it.. That way, only a few kb of images are loaded at one time rather than the entire image.. Its the only way to achieve a nice result..

Tesselaar...

cssmythe3

Post by cssmythe3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:42 pm

What 3rd party software did you use to to generate the VR?

What export did you use from SIMLAB?

Regards,

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi

I rendered 8000X4000 2:1 from Simlab Composer but since the Grid VR highly optimises the images killing the quality and the rotation is not so nice, I used Pano Tour Pro to create the VR, but that is not available anymore.. So you will need to buy Pano2VR.. There might be others available for free.. SLC will improve over time in all this so you might want to hold off.. Simlab Composer has made huge leaps in development over the few years..

Tesselaar...