hornpipe

Re: Announcing SimLab VR framework

Postby hornpipe » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 pm

OK! Thank you for info. I'm curious.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:45 am

Hi Ashraf

Will the SimLab VR framework have an option to add 3D Interactive Objects. Basically to click on an object within the scene and rotate it. A bit like this... http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/VRtou ... DTour.html
At the moment I used a 3D object WebGL and multiple images rendered from Simlab Composer to create a VR.. I see in the VR Framework objects being moved in an animation but will an option be added where they can be individually interactive..???

Destiny...

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello Destiny,

Please check the following sampleto see sample of the capabilities in SimLab Composer VR

SimLab Composer will support different level of interaction for different platforms.

This will be discussed soon in our share plan for VR.

Ashraf

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi Ahsrah...

Yes, I saw that demo, its really wonderful. Love it so much.. But, I was thinking more user interactive 3D... If that demo was from a VR, then a ShadowBox perhaps could open with the object inside it, media Box opened using a hotspot. You can do that using PTP but your Framework is very different. But if a hotspot can be added to open a ShadowBox etc, then so much more would be possible...

Destiny...

Alex

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi Ahsrah,

how can I test the Simlab VR v0.4 version? Should my SC Pro Licence work? Or does it only work with "request a trial licence"?

I would like to test the desktop mode with some custom models. Thanks! :)

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Hello Alex,

As soon as you install it, please send en email to info@simlab-soft.com

We will send you a trial license that works for 3 months.

Ashraf

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:04 am

Hi. I have downloaded the new Mac version of SL V8.. I added a 3D Office scene, I went into the VR Mode and added a camera. I set the camera position, make that camera the view and clicked on Realtime Render.. It crashes.. :(

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:09 am

Ok. I just added the project and used Realtime Rendering.. It crashes.. So the issue is Realtime Rendering perhaps...

I cannot add the project since it 22.5 mg.. Would you like me to send it to you...??

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 am

Oh hum.... I think the issue is V8 is not fully compatible with El Capitain.. Everthing I do makes is crash.. The issue with updateing my OS X, other software is always effected.. My other software needs to catch up otherwise I have issues with that.. Therefore I cannot update at the moment.. :( :( :( :? :? :? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 pm

I have added that 3D classroom scene I was testing the light, keeping it just for the new VR Framework.. I added a camera, positioned it then pressed 360 images.. Crash.. Mostly everything I do with the VR option causes Simlab V8 to crash..

Real shame...

Destiny...

Return to “Simlab Updates”