Announcing SimLab Composer VR edition

Latest updates and news from Simlab Soft
SimLab

Announcing SimLab Composer VR edition

Postby SimLab » Mon May 08, 2017 2:57 pm

nl_final_2.jpg

SimLab Composer 8 wqas just released with this release we introduce the new SimLab Composer VR edition, the easiest way to create interactive VR experiences

nl_final_4.jpg

From today and until the end of June you will be able to upgrade from SimLab Composer 7 to SimLab Composer 8 for free

Users of SimLab Composer h and prior, this is the last chance to upgrade to the latest version of SimLab Composer.

Updated Licensing policy for SimLab Composer

At SimLab Soft, our pricing strategy is simple, our goal is to provide the great value of SimLab Composer at the lowest price possible to users, while maintaining profitability to invest in continuous development of new features, fixing any issues, keeping updates to work with the latest CAD versions, and providing great tutorials and support.
More users simply means better resources, faster development, and lower prices for all users of SimLab Composer.

Simplifying licensing?

We studied what is offered in the market, and we came up with a new simple pricing strategy that works for everybody, and focuses on what is best for SimLab Composer users.

We will always support perpetual licensing (permanent license), after you worked on your models in SimLab Composer you should always have the ability to open and tweak those models.

We support subscription based licensing, it costs 50% of the permanent license, and it works only on one machine, our advice to use this option in the following situations:
1- You are a startup, where you have a cash flow issue, and you want to start using SimLab Composer with lowest possible initial cost
2- You are part of a big organization which prefers subscription based licensing for all its software needs

All minor upgrades are free you do not need to pay more for x.1, x.2 versions Major upgrade to the next major release is optional and costs 50% of the permanent license, you can only upgrade from the previous version of the software, and for the same edition and licensing type (for example a user of SimLab Composer Pro version 7 floating license, can upgrade to a floating license of SimLab Composer Pro version 8)

Our advice to end users to get perpetual (locked or floating license) and to keep updating if they see that SimLab Soft is offering great value in the new major versions.

If we did not provide great value you do not need to upgrade. If you stopped upgrading for any reason you will keep the ability to work with models you prepared with SimLab Composer.

Tessla

Re: Announcing SimLab Composer VR edition

Postby Tessla » Tue May 09, 2017 8:39 am

Hi Simlab.. I downloaded the Mac version.. The Icon suggest its the V8 version and the software says V8, but the GUI is V7.. Nothing about it is V8...

Destiny...

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Tue May 09, 2017 9:00 am

Hello Destiny,

VR is not available in the Mac Yet, what you will get with this version is the new 3D PDF capabilities.

Actions
Sound
using PDF background

Users upgrading to SimLab Composer 8 before the end of June, they will get all 8.x releases for free, which should include new rendering enhancements, the VR workbench and the viewer.

Ashraf

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue May 09, 2017 9:08 am

Oh, I see.. Well I will test out the 3D PDF new things.

Destiny...

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Tue May 16, 2017 1:14 am

Hi,
I gladly upgraded my 7 Pro to 8 Pro. As a user of traditional rendering, I did not expect to see anything useful for me(I'm not against VR. I just do not need it.). But I noticed something: the user interface became much more contrast. Good.

What I did not like:
1. Ver. 8 is twice heavier than the previous version. It's not bad. But... There are probably a lot of useful things and I use only a small part. :)
2. During the installation, additional libraries(C+, DirectX etc..) were unpacked. It does not give confidence that the software is safe and stable. Usually I noticed same by the open-source software. ;)

There are also several problems:
1. When I click on the simlab scene file icon, begin the new installation of the program. It was already in the 7. version.

error1.jpg

2. If I want to download textures, the program freezes. The only way to avoid this is to apply the texture from the library and thsan change it.

error2.jpg

Of course for me the next release(according to plan) is more interesting. And I hope that after 8.2 version the developers will pay attention to the materials. Materials are unfortunately the sl's weakest point.

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Tue May 16, 2017 4:16 pm

At least you liked the GUI, this is good ;)

We get no break, SimLab Composer 8.0 is out.

We will start showing samples from 8.1 very soon.

Ashraf

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:16 am

I am soooo hanging out for the VR mode in Mac. Its Term holiday next week for two weeks.. Would be nice to have something to play with.... Seems to be taking forever... but I am sure the tech team are working very hard...

Destiny...

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Destiny,

Yes, we are working really hard on this, and we are late :oops:

but I promise we are adding many great things.

Ashraf

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Destiny,

Yes, we are working really hard on this, and we are late :oops:

but I promise we are adding many great things.

I am really sorry for the mac users, I know they did not get the VR capabilities Yet.

Ashraf

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:55 am

Hey.. I am confused.. I am assuming that the VR option is an option in Window V8... Does anyone actually have a demo made to view.. I see nothing in the VR gallery. I see a lot of Simlab videos, but nothing that is actually user interactive.. Can Simlab make a user interactive VR available please..

Destiny...

Return to “Simlab Updates”