SimLab Soft Releases SimLab Composer 8.1

Latest updates and news from Simlab Soft
SimLab

SimLab Soft Releases SimLab Composer 8.1

Postby SimLab » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Full_1.png

SimLab Soft have added and improved a lot of features in SimLab Composer.

Below is some of our top new features and updates, but there is many many more updates and features you can explore them by visiting 8.1 Product Page on the website.

New Features:
  • VR Workbench: Clipping Plane, Teleportation Points, Light/Shadow Baking, SimLab VR/Desktop Viewer on Mac
  • 3D PDF: New highlighting option to distinguish 3D objects that are associated with actions, New option for stopping animation on scene navigation.
  • WebGL/HTML: Highlighted 3D objects containing actions, Animation stops on camera movement.
  • Rendering: Region Rendering, Roughness Map, 360 Images,Alpha Channel Emitter, SimLab HDR Creation, Pass Light
  • SimLab Showroom: Ability to join SimLab Community, Ability to upload and download models, Ability to vote for favorite models, Showroom app is now available on Mac (macOS greater or equal to 10.12). The ability to export to SimLab VR Viewer app for mobile.
  • Mobile: SimLab VR Mobile Viewer App

All of this in one package so you can enjoy our tools and succeed in your business. You can try it for free for 21 days or you can upgrade for free if you're a current user of SimLab Composer 8.0

Pilou

Re: SimLab Soft Releases SimLab Composer 8.1

Postby Pilou » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:28 pm

French Site mirror updated! :)

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 am

Truly appreciated.

Thank you Pilou

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:10 pm

I do not understand why SL can not solve the problem with the installer?
It's just not solid for stable version, when after a click on the project file, the program is reinstalled again. Anivirus worries too. It is not serious. The problem with the rendering library is still present. I am surprised.

BurrMan

Postby BurrMan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Horn,
Navigate here in the registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SimLab.SimLabComposer\shell\open\command

and delete the extra "command" key, with the funky values, leaving only the default one with the simlab path.

Don't know whats up with the "Command" entry, but getting rid of it will stop the "installer" from launching when hitting a sim file....

PS. There is another entry just below that one for "simlab designer". with the same funky command in the open/command key....

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Thank you @BurrMan. It's great that I can fix the register. But I prefer that SL works just like the other software on my computer. Namely, without problems. SL is a commercial software, not a dubious OpenSource one.
I have long reminded about these both issues. It is already beginning to be very annoying. :!:

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:02 pm

First of all thank you BurrMan truly appreciated.

Hornpipe, we will never stop trying, one positive comment for the release. Please.

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:11 pm

SimLab wrote:Hornpipe, we will never stop trying, one positive comment for the release. Please.

:lol: I always use the occasion for positive comments. But usually the forum is a place where users discuss problems and share their experiences. Positively, that the developers are reading this forum too.

I like this release. There are not many new features for PRO users. But everything is extremely useful.
Although the way to implement some of the features is sometimes not clear. But basically everything works and can be used.

ntxdave

Postby ntxdave » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:29 pm

hornpipe wrote:Thank you @BurrMan. It's great that I can fix the register. But I prefer that SL works just like the other software on my computer. Namely, without problems. SL is a commercial software, not a dubious OpenSource one.
I have long reminded about these both issues. It is already beginning to be very annoying. :!:

If this is relative to the fact that if I double click on an sim file and it tries to reinstall Composer, I have to agree with @Hornpipe. SL should be able to fix this problem. :| This is a standard feature for Windows applications for a long time and should be addressed.

BurrMan

Postby BurrMan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:57 am

SimLab wrote:First of all thank you BurrMan truly appreciated.

Hornpipe, we will never stop trying, one positive comment for the release. Please.

No Worries,
Hopefully that will help to narrow something down!

We also understand that "todays" market is unique to a past, where the computer hardware is more disparate, than in recent years, and that as developers work to bring newer technologies like 4K, there will be hiccups on hardware that was never intended to know about it, and the drivers that drive them. Unfortunately, it will just be a reality!

I have always been impressed with what Simlab has produced and offered with it's product. A unique GEM for me!

I will always try to stay current with it....

Burr

Return to “Simlab Updates”