SimLab Composer 6

Latest updates and news from Simlab Soft
SimLab

SimLab Composer 6

Postby SimLab » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:04 pm

We listened, 3D designers and Architects are looking for an easy solution that allows them to share and market their 3D creations. They need it to work out of the box, to be intuitive and easy to learn, and to provide great value at a great price.

SimLab Soft is proud to deliver the answer: SimLab Composer 6.

SimLab Composer 6 is available in 4 editions:

simlab_composer_6.png

SimLab Composer Educational/Hobbyiest
SimLab Composer Pro
SimLab Composer Mechanical
SimLab Composer Ultimate

SimLab Composer 6 is supported on Windows 64 bit (7 and newer) and Mac OSX (10.9 and newer)

SimLab Composer 6 can be downloaded from the following link

During the month of June you can upgrade from any old version of SimLab Composer to SimLab Composer pro for $75, and from any old version to SimLab Composer mechanical for $99.

For a list of new features, please ccheck the following link

ameier

Re: SimLab Composer 6

Postby ameier » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Hello Simlab Team,

kepp on your hard work. I'm curious what so everything is still to come . One of the greatest desires : GPU rendering for more speed :idea:

Best Regards

Andreas Meier (ameier) from the horatec team

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:34 am

We belive SimLab Composer rendering is fast even on middle machines, on high end machines it is even faster.
We do some testing with i7 5960X (8 hysical cores with hyper threading) and it is really fast.

We promise you even more speed (we are working on improving speed significantly) you can never be fast enough ;)

Check the Following article about our position regarding GPU

We do not want to ask users to buy a specific GPU to render, we believe we can achieve great speed at any machine.

cyana

Postby cyana » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi SimLab team,

Three questions:
What does 'Floating' mean?
Does SimLab Composer now resolve Rhino block definitions correct (with proper materials) ?

During the month of June you can upgrade from any old version of SimLab Composer to SimLab Composer pro for $75, and from any old version to SimLab Composer mechanical for $99.

When I want to upgrade to the mechanical version, it asks for 138.75 EUR + 20% VAT, that's nowhere near to 99 USD.

thanks
Cyana

cyana

Postby cyana » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi SimLab Team,

Composer 6 does not import Rhino files, when their block definitions are linked dynamically - still the same problem as with Composer 2015, that I purchased but never were able to use. Only Composer 2014 works correct, as it has an exporter plugin within Rhino.

Is there a Rhino rhp file awailable for the Composer 6? Couldn't find one in the installation files.

thanks
Cyana

cellomangler

Postby cellomangler » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:58 am

This is from the email promotion I received:
"During the month of June you can upgrade from any old version of SimLab Composer to SimLab Composer pro for $75, and from any old version to SimLab Composer mechanical for $99."
But.. your website checkout does not reflect this discount.
I'm a registered user of SimLab Composer Simulation Edition just purchased this year.
Was the email a mistake...?

Phidippus

Postby Phidippus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:34 am

Got the email. I purchased SimLab Composer Simulation edition earlier this year... but I don't see the $99 upgrade offer reflected in the online shop... It says $150 till July. Is the email a mistake, or is there some other way to purchase the upgrade with the discount? Thanks

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:25 am

First I am really sorry for a mistake in some of the mails sent.

Upgrade during the month of June to the Mechanical edition cots $149.
it will cost $199 after that.

Due to the change of alignment of software we are allowing users to upgrade at a low price.
Any user who bought SimLab Composer 2015 after 1st of March should contact us for the possibility of a free upgrade to the Pro edition.

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 am

For moving models from Rhino to SimLab Composer, the best way it to use the free integration plugin, which can be downloaded from the following page

The following tutorial shows how to utilize the CAD integration plugin for Rhino (tutorial)

Looking forward to know your feedback.

ilay

Postby ilay » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Hello
Thank new for new version.

when i try to render(any modes) - composer simply shutdown. Whats i doing wrong?

only render has issue!

Return to “Simlab Updates”