Fast rendering with SimLab Composer 7.1

Latest updates and news from Simlab Soft
SimLab

Fast rendering with SimLab Composer 7.1

Postby SimLab » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:31 am

ad_2.jpg

Up to 400% real time rendering speedup in SimLab Composer 7.1

SimLab Composer 7.1 reinvents real time rendering with a revolutionary renderer up to 4 times faster than the previous one.

The new renderer is ready for creating amazing interior, exterior and product design renders in fraction of the time needed before.

The new renderer utilizes ISPC technology from Intel, it requires an Intel CPU of the fourth generation or newer (released since 2013).

Currently the new renderer is available on Windows, soon it will be available on Mac.

Enjoy saving time rendering images, animations, and doing Texture backing

Download SimLab Composer 7.1

hornpipe

Re: Fast rendering with SimLab Composer 7.1

Postby hornpipe » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:03 pm

I enjoy the work with SimLab for two weeks.
But the rendering speed was not very convincing to me. The program is a little bit faster than many renders that I tested. But much more slowly than Keyshot(CPU too) for example.

HiRes image(6000x4000px) with the smooth textures(plastic, marmor(diffuse texture), metal), I was waiting for 5 minutes(400 samples). KS does the same thing for 40-60 seconds.

I have a i5 workstation with nVidia Quadro. Yes, this card is better suited for GPU rendering. Can I customize settings of card to work with SimLab? Or CPU is not dependent on the graphic cards?

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:26 pm

The CPU based rendering, does not depend or use the video card, it was our decision from the beginning to use CPU, not to force the user to buy a specific video card, and to be able to run SimLab Composer on any machine.

Regarding speed, I just want to highlight few things:
1- Did you enable the new render or are you using the original one?
2- SimLab Composer uses a physically correct renderer, it is different from what keyshot is using, we believe this enable us to have a final image that is better, and to support great interior and exterior renders.
3- If you share the model in the SimLab Composer part of the forum we can check the rendering settings you have to help you to make the best of your machine.

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Users on Windows, who had a previous version of SimLab Composer, may want to enable the new renderer.

From Edit -> Preferences check if you have a rendering tab.
The existence of a rendering tab means that your hardware supports the new renderer.

Check the two options to use the new renderer.

Apply and try rendering to enjoy the speed improvement of the new renderer.

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:51 pm

SimLab wrote:1- Did you enable the new render or are you using the original one?
Yes.
SimLab wrote:2- SimLab Composer uses a physically correct renderer, it is different from what keyshot is using, we believe this enable us to have a final image that is better, and to support great interior and exterior renders.
I agree. The SimLab's results look more natural.
SimLab wrote:If you share the model in the SimLab Composer part of the forum we can check the rendering settings you have to help you to make the best of your machine.
Thank you. It was just a general question.
I was not referring to a certain model. Different materials require different times for rendering.

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 am

Samples that each application is using is different, so to have a fair comparison, do not compare the number of samples, compare when the image reaches clarity. which may happen at different number of samples.

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:22 pm

SimLab wrote:Samples that each application is using is different, so to have a fair comparison, do not compare the number of samples, compare when the image reaches clarity. which may happen at different number of samples.

It's clear. In SimLab sampling is very well implemented. For my purposes 300-400 samples are enough.
Once I tested Cycles render with 1000 samples. After 30 minutes of waiting, I got pretty noisy image.

I would like to find a more detailed description of the renderer settings. What is different from the Fast Path and MIS Path tracers? Is it possible to get a really clear glass when rendering without background? Ie I open the final image in Photoshop and see that it is really transparent(or semi tramsparent). Practical use of Element Renderer? No. It is partly understandable, but would like to save time on experiments. :)

Thank you.

Return to “Simlab Updates”