Living room

Showcase your 3D PDF files and 3D renders created using Simlab products

Living room

Postby kaled.abueid » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Hello again guys, did another interior rendering with composer, I got the model from, no added post-effects here, straight up from the composer to the forum, what do you guys think? any thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome :D

Re: Living room

Postby ameier » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Good Job. How long does the render need ?

Postby Alex » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:30 am

Hi kaled,

I am also interested how much time your machine needed to render this image? How is your lighting set up?

Postby Höregrö » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:54 am

Very good and realistic! The fabrics and the floor material look excellent. The sofa is spot on. Lighting is very good. A few things I noticed that could need some more work to make an even better render:
- something in the lamp and the fridge (the handle maybe) looks unrealistic.
- the toy car is floating a bit? Also looks like the materials are default/none were added after import.
- one of the sofa pillows doesn't touch the backrest of the sofa
- some blue/white in the ceiling corners, light leaks?
- the blue bar in the left most window is a bit distracting
- maybe add a bit bloom to the blown out highlights in post?

Great scene!

Postby kaled.abueid » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:57 am

Thank you all, the render time took around 2 hours, I rendered it on an i7-3370k so nothing special here, as for the light setup, I used the composer built-in sun system, I also added IES lights for a subtle effect on the spot lights all around the room, a point light for the main light in the middle.

as for what Höregrö pointed out, you're spot on man I actually noticed the floating car and the pillow just now, hehe, truth be told its an skp model file, so i was a bit lazy to modify the ceiling leaks since i usually model on Maya which isn't friendly with triangles, and this scene has more triangles than an optical illusion.

some post effects as you suggested would improve the scene a bit and conceal the evidence of my laziness perhaps.

thank you all :D

Postby Ihab » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:42 am

Nice render and valuable discussion.

Just one comment on interior renderer: the renderer is consistent (ie biased with decreasing bias as iterations increase, eventually converges to an unbiased solution), and light leaks is not a possible artifact of the used algorithm.

All I want to say is: if you see light leaks then it is because the model itself is not that good (not watertight), this goes inline with Kaled's reply to Mikko's comments.

With interior renderer, I believe Simlab offered one of the best technologies ever used for interior rendering, it only gets better from here :)

Return to “Gallery”