Succussful Pitch / Quest Viewer Beta

Discuss any 3D\CG topic that you might find related to Simlab products
cssmythe3

Succussful Pitch / Quest Viewer Beta

Post by cssmythe3 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:50 pm

Hey folks, just gave a pitch this week to my company to buy simlab composer and it looks like we are going to be buying Composer soon for internal development and client pitches. I'm psyched.

Where do I send feeback on the beta viewer for oculus quest? Some comments:

1) Some of the stock .vrpackage demos end up with really really bad frame rates and lag - it would be nice if the viewer could detect and drop back to the main menu automatically in that case. The lag is so bad that it is hard to navigate the menu to return to the main menu.

2) The sun settings in the composer don't seem to be carrying over to the viewer, so by default the sky strength is always much too high when the scene first loads in the viewer and I have to change it manually. Minor detail: The range for sky strength are also different in Composer (0-10) and the Viewer (0%-100%) - it would be more intuitive if they were the same.

3) the progress bar/circle spends a long time at 79% when I am pulling in a lot of geometry. it would be nice pace of the progress bar would be a bit more even.

Keep up the great work!

cssmythe3

Re: Succussful Pitch / Quest Viewer Beta

Post by cssmythe3 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:00 pm

4) One of the managers really wanted two users, each with a VR headset, to be active in the same virtual space. That seems like a bit of a stretch, but I wanted to mention it as a 'pie in the sky' feature.

Grossy

Post by Grossy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:16 am

+1

SimLab

Post by SimLab » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:49 pm

Glad to know you are moving forward with SimLab Composer.

Will forward feedback to developers.