Modelling software for people on a budget

Discuss any 3D\CG topic that you might find related to Simlab products
hornpipe

Re: Modelling software for people on a budget

Postby hornpipe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Pilou wrote:If you don't explore link(s) that i give! ;)

OK! I did not know it. Interesting. 100,000 is the total income or only income from the use of Fusion 360? :)

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 pm

chrisd wrote:...I find Blender and ZBrush to be far less friendly than many CAD apps...

Blender, zBrush and CAD are three different direction of 3D modeling. Organic subdivision modeling, sculpting and precise engineering modelling.
In my opinion CAD software is the most difficult to learn. Fusion 360 is hybrid CAD software. As I understand from the demo videos.

chrisd wrote:...Most tend to poorly mesh the CAD (nurbs) surfaces if exported to a mesh format, and rendering artifacts can result.
Simlab can generate a mesh from a nurbs format, but I find that I don't a lot of control over the resulting mesh, although it possible to use a slider to change the resolution.

Quality of nurbs to mesh converting is controlled at export. I use mostly CAD soft. I did not notice any artifacts. Qualitative model with high resolution always looks flawless.

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:07 am

For those who are interested.
I thought that the Silo 3D was dead. But unexpectedly the developers released a very pleasant stable update(ver. 2.5) with many new "yummies". I love this little and very simple program. It was a very pleasant surprise.
silo.png

Return to “Discussions”