Black dots in rendering

Discuss any 3D\CG topic that you might find related to Simlab products
ssyoussef

Black dots in rendering

Postby ssyoussef » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:15 pm

I had a very common issue with all my interior renderings. Always I got unrendered spots ( black dots) that ruins my rendering. please see my attached image and help me what should I do. Thanks!

SM
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg

SimLab

Re: Black dots in rendering

Postby SimLab » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Are you using the interior renderer?

How much SPPs did you give it to converge?

Ashraf

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:09 pm

The dots are actually white. It is typical for many renderer. The reason is the artificial light sources. Simply put emitters. Usually helps increase number of samples. Few dots can be removed with photoshop. Filters-->Noise-->Median... set it to 1 or 2 pixels.

Ihab

Postby Ihab » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:24 am

Hi SM,

can you please clarify which release of composer are you using?

Thanks,
Ihab

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:25 am

Hi.. I too get the black dots, like missing render on pixels.. I have had that for a long time.. If its an animation, you can see the black dot flicker on and off.. But mine is not like yours... I see only a little dot.. So not sure if its the same.. Yours seems to be heaps and heaps of it.. I do not get that..

Destiny..

peerke

Postby peerke » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Not sure if it's related but while experimenting with Composer animation exports I got the black dot phenomenon too. I can't show an example until monday because I don't have access to work files atm, but it looked like all pixels (255,255,255) were masked to black. At the time I was using PNG with transparency to save frames, so I figured it might be a transparency issue and switched to normal PNG export, but the problem persisted. Then I switched to JPG for individual frames, not suspecting to solve this issue but rather in an attempt to save diskspace, and for some reason that I can't don't quite understand myself, the black dot phenomenon never showed up again. :D

Return to “Discussions”