Lights.. How do they really work...

Discuss any 3D\CG topic that you might find related to Simlab products
Tessla

Re: Lights.. How do they really work...

Postby Tessla » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 pm

I added those lights to all 3 windows and while there is some light, its not full inside enough..

Destiny...
Attachments
Sunlights.jpg

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 am

I am out of curiosity registered on this site.
For me it works.

class1.jpg

1. Make sure the emitters are lit in the correct direction.

class2.jpg

2. Check the transparency of the glass and curtain materials.
3. Try using external lighting too. I think it does not matter, but you can try.

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:32 am

Wow.. that look bright.. Thank you for the tips.. Rendering has always been my failing... Hard to learn for me.. But easy once I know. :)

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:28 am

Well, transparency of the windows was key.. I now have light but oh man the rendering is horrible.. Soooo grainy...

What do you think I am doing wrong.. Simlab Composer can render heaps better than this...

Destiny...
Attachments
SimLab.jpg

hornpipe

Postby hornpipe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 am

1. Indoor rendering is a very resource-intensive process. It takes a lot of time. Each pixel of the screen is occupied with useful information. The real picture appears only at the end of the process. :)
The materials are important. For example, transparent materials are rendered longer than solid materials, etc. Try to hide the window glass. I think it will be better.

2. The light is incredibly important. With photo is same. A photo with poor lighting has many artifacts. Make additional light sources.

3. Make sure that you are in the architectural rendering mode. Play with light depth settings etc.

Again. I'm not an expert. I did only once the visualization of the store interior. It was very very long. Although the result was excellent.

By the way here is a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuTJWCsrMIc

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 am

Hey.... Emmm... "architectural rendering mode" I have not seen that.. That image attached in last post, is not a screen shot from Render Mode, it's the actual final render results. :? :( :cry:

Thank you for the video link.. I will have to watch it later.. I am running a very very hard Simulation Animation.. Have to set to very fine... and then I don't know if it will actually work.. I sure wish Simlab Composer cold open more than one Window.. So I can do other stuff.. At the moment I have to wait for one project to finish before I can play with another..

Destiny...

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 am

Great video tutorial.. I have been so much wrong.. I will give it a go after my Simulation has finished...

Destiny..

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:31 pm

I followed the tutorial up to adding my own artificial lights. The demo Real Time Rendering does not show much noises in the rendering at all.. Yet my rendering does.. Not sure why... I can add some lights to the ceiling to se if that improves it..

If I was using an SLR camera to shoot dark rooms I would increase the ISO, but I cannot do that in Simlab Composer.. I wonder how come I can render an object really beautifully yet interiors are so much harder.

At least I am not getting some light in the room.. I will add some artificial light now...

Destiny...
Attachments
SimLab.jpg

Tessla

Postby Tessla » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:09 am

Ok.. I follow the tutorial, added the sunlight and some other lights.. The classroom is now in light.. But.. The rendering is horrible due to the image noise.. Far too much graininess in the image.. How can I improve on that. I never get this is the object is not in an enclosed area.. I must have the wrong settings still.. I need to lower the ISO, if this was a camera.. but I do not know that the 3D equivalent is..

Destiny...
Attachments
SimLab.jpg

chrisd

Postby chrisd » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:27 am

Try increasing samples per pixel. The default is 300, but you may need a lot more. This will make the render time go up ...
Attachments
samples per pixel.png
samples per pixel.png (33.35 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

Return to “Discussions”