New user questions on Render and Materials

Discuss any 3D\CG topic that you might find related to Simlab products
MechNugget

New user questions on Render and Materials

Postby MechNugget » Sun May 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Hello,

When I create lights, I can see its effect in the normal view, but when I turn on the render, it doesn't have any effect at all. Am I missing something?

I'm trying to rotate the HDR environment to so the lighting is more what I like, but don't see any effect, can someone tell me what I'm missing. I found the Rotate slider, maybe I need other settings for it to work?

Is it possible to create own materials and expand my materials library? If yes, how?

Thanks. :D

SimLab

Re: New user questions on Render and Materials

Postby SimLab » Tue May 16, 2017 4:20 pm

MechNugget wrote:When I create lights, I can see its effect in the normal view, but when I turn on the render, it doesn't have any effect at all. Am I missing something?

The first thing to check is the light power, in some cases you need to increase the power more to get a clear effect in rendering.

if you share a sample we can check it for you.

MechNugget wrote:I'm trying to rotate the HDR environment to so the lighting is more what I like, but don't see any effect, can someone tell me what I'm missing. I found the Rotate slider, maybe I need other settings for it to work?

Actually this is all what you need, so what happens after you rotate the HDR?

MechNugget wrote:Is it possible to create own materials and expand my materials library? If yes, how?

Yes, you can click on the manage library on the left side of the library for example to create a new group
or select any group in the library and click + (on the left side of the library)
When closing materials will automatically be saved.

MechNugget

Re: New user questions on Render and Materials

Postby MechNugget » Wed May 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Ok thank you. Will let you know if the lighting goes well or not :D

Return to “Discussions”