Units

Discuss any 3D\CG topic that you might find related to Simlab products
IKraj

Units

Postby IKraj » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:40 pm

I am a new user :shock: . While using Mechanical Simulate. I was not able to work with Imperial units.
All the inputs default to SI units :!:
Does anyone know how to change the Units so that I can run analysis using Imperial units.
This is extremely important for me.
Any help or suggestions that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

SimLab

Re: Units

Postby SimLab » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:09 pm

You are absolutely right.

Units are assumed in SI

Conversion is not really bad, as the geometry and inertia will be automatically converted to scales.

We had few requests for changing input units, I hope we can have it available soon.

IKraj

Re: Units

Postby IKraj » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:01 pm

Thanks!

I am sure it will be a great addition to add different and Custom units to the Mechanical version. you will capture a larger market share by making that change.

It is not only an issue with the geometry but the driving forces (inputs) and post processing output that would be great to see and analyze in custom units.
This is a major factor for me to purchase Simulate...and I know of others that I have spoken with in the past day that did not purchase Simulate mechanical strictly because of the units issue.

There seem to be a small community of users for the Mechanical version. I wonder if after downloading and using it users just don't go back to it and purchase it due to the lack of Units use and documentation.
Simulations can be extremely sophisticated and not every user can perform sophisticated analysis. It takes knowledge, practice, great software, and "support"
The market is there and you should capitalize on it.
Try updating the Mechanical version by adding better functionality and documentation. IMHO

Return to “Discussions”