Predefined Animations

Discuss any 3D\CG topic that you might find related to Simlab products
JohnMark

Predefined Animations

Postby JohnMark » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:09 am

Hi... Predefined animations is a great idea... but I would really like to see this feature go much further.

I believe that this feature has the potential to be one of the most important and useful tools in SimLab Animation...

I have been trying to animate cogs at different sizes, which is very painful and very frustrating when the animation does not work as seen in the SimLab preview window.. I think that once Snap to Absolute centre is introduced, I would like to see an option to pick the revolutions of a cog which would govern the speed of every cog. This needs to be a very accurate one degree increment thing.

The reason why I think the predefined animations would be better is the fact the animation must be created using code rather than key-frames. Every cog I have added a predefined animation too, rotates as it should when viewed in a pdf apart from they are mostly off centre since it difficult to locate the absolute centre with out a snap feature. Therefore, if all cogs had predefined animations with individual rotation speed settings, the final pdf animation must all work as it should and most importantly, it will be a quick and easy process as well as being very accurate….

JohnMark...

SimLab

Re: Predefined Animations

Postby SimLab » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:18 pm

John,

Thanks for the suggestions, we are working on helping designers who need to do exact animation of mechanical parts, this is coming in the next release (it is early to ask when ;) )

Ashraf

JohnMark

Postby JohnMark » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 am

Oh you are just so good... I cannot wait for all the new features in the pipline for SimLab Animator..

Well done SimLab..!!

SimLab wrote:John,

Thanks for the suggestions, we are working on helping designers who need to do exact animation of mechanical parts, this is coming in the next release (it is early to ask when ;) )

Ashraf

neilr

Postby neilr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:41 pm

I would like to see the predefined animations to be able to be centered on an axis of a part not just an object.

Return to “Discussions”