Imported DWG file into Sketchup Issue

Discuss Simlab 3D Plugins developed for Google Sketchup
josuff36

Imported DWG file into Sketchup Issue

Postby josuff36 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:47 am

Hello:

I recently installed the trial version of SimLab DW Importer for Sketchup 2015.

I saved an AutoCAD file (using R2016 and saved as 2013) and then imported it into Sketchup 2015 via the SimLab DWG Importer extension. It imported fine but at every location where lines meet (and even at the end of lines that are not joined to others) a dark nodule (for lack of a better term) appears. See the attached .jpg.

How do I get rid of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joe
Attachments
Test.jpg
Test 2013 DWG import into Sketchup 2015 - Notice dark black at line intersections, etc.

SimLab

Re: Imported DWG file into Sketchup Issue

Postby SimLab » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:16 am

Hello Joe,

Can you please share the model with us, we can check it for you.

Ashraf

josuff36

Postby josuff36 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Attached as requested.

So you're aware, I was playing around with it last night and came upon the solution below (however unorthodox it may be).

I first exploded the imported DWG file and then began to right-click on each line and chose 'soften'. The line converted to a dashed line and, as I did each one, the black nodes that appeared at the intersection of each line disappeared. I then found a faster way to do it; choose the eraser tool and hold the Ctrl key. I then saved it when I was complete.

In order to show the black nodes again on the attached .skp file, I 'unsoftened' the lines, but the imported dwg file is still exploded. If you want to see the file in its unexploded state, let me know and I can send. But the issue is the same whether exploded or not; where a line runs into another line or lines that are by themselves, there is a dark black node at each end.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Joe
Attachments
Test01.skp
(1009.75 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Can you please share the original DWG file?

josuff36

Postby josuff36 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:15 am

Sorry about that, the .dwg file is attached.

josuff36

Postby josuff36 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:49 am

I thought my previous response contained the dwg file. I just noticed it did not. I tried numerous times to get it to upload but it would not (other file types did). The attached file is the .dwg file, I changed the extension to .pdf.
Attachments
test elevation.pdf
(340.82 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

josuff36

Postby josuff36 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:14 am

Does anyone have an idea how I can import the dwg file into Sketchup via the SimLab extension and without the heavy black ends at the end of all lines? Please see previous reply with the requested 'dwg file and previous pdf file.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any helpful info.

Joe

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:48 am

Joe,

I just tested with the latest version of the plugin, which also supports SketchUp 2016.

I was able to get those black dots.

Can you try the new version and let us know if it fixes the issue for you.

josuff36

Postby josuff36 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:07 am

I installed the new version of Sketchup Make 2016 and then installed the associated SimLab DWG Importer extension. When I tried to validate the license file it said "Trial mode was already used on this machine; you will need a full license to run the application". It makes sense given I had it installed for the 2015 version of Sketchup and it thinks I'm trying to repeatedly install the trial version so I don't have to purchase it. I thought I had to uninstall the previous version before installing the new version.

I would love to purchase the extension but only if it works correctly. I won't know that until I can test it. Is there a way you can give me trial access so I can see if the dark nodes at the end of lines are gone?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Joe

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 am

Hello Joe,

I sent you instructions to be able to test the new plugin

Return to “Sketchup Plugins”