Imported DWG file into Sketchup Issue

Discuss Simlab 3D Plugins developed for Google Sketchup
josuff36

Re: Imported DWG file into Sketchup Issue

Postby josuff36 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:19 am

I loaded the new license file and was able to import a DWG file but the same issue still persists (see attached DWG and SKP files).

The nodes at the end of lines are still present. I tried changing the layers in AutoCAD, changed the colors, change from Pline to Line, changed the scale in your extension prior to import, etc but nothing works.

I have to assume this is not typical or someone would have told me and if not, do you have any other suggestions as to how to get rid of them?

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Joe
Attachments
test elevationr1.pdf
This is a DWG file, it wouldn't upload so I changed the file extension to PDF. Change it back to DWG in order to open it.
(349.17 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Test ElevationR1.skp
(580.52 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:36 pm

I opened the SKP file and I see the issue.

I used the plugin to import the DWG file and it generated a good SKP file .

Please find the SKP file attached

dwg_image.png

dwg.skp
(161.44 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

it may be a setting you have on SketchUp

josuff36

Postby josuff36 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks.

To further test, I installed Sketch-up Make (2016) on my PC at work, installed the extension (with 30 free trials), took the same DWG from AutoCAD 2016 and imported it. The same thing happened, block nodes at the end of lines. I then closed Sketch-up, changed the line color in AutoCAD, reopened Sketch-up and tried to import. Nothing showed up on the screen so I tried it again. Still nothing so I grabbed a random DWG file and tried. That one loaded (with the nodes) so I went back to the original. Nothing again although the message at the bottom of the screen (common at each attempt) indicated I was indeed importing something. I tried another random and it didn't work, so I tried a third random and it worked (nodes). I then changed the layer color in AutoCAD on the original, it worked, but had the nodes. I tried numerous times with the same or different DWG files and the result always varied. The last try was the original drawing with the line color changed to a blue color (same blue as I tried once before) It worked with no nodes, but part of it was missing. I checked and resaved the DWG and tried again but by that time, my 30 free trials was up.

I don't know what setting I have that would cause this, but it was a clean install of Sketch-up with nothing changed, all default settings. Is there a setting you may have on or off that I need to replicate? And why was I getting sporadic issues with trying to import? I had the same issue at home; sometimes it would work, other times it wouldn't, but it always indicated at the bottom of the screen something was being imported and it counted against my 15 or 30 trial imports.

Joe

Joe

greenfolder

Postby greenfolder » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:45 am

Not sure if this is helpful at all, but the "black dot" issue you were having is based on the edge settings in Sketchup. Go to window > style > edit > edge settings (wireframe box) > extension. Make sure Extensions are no longer selected and they should go away in your model.

josuff36

Postby josuff36 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:59 pm

Does anyone have an answer to my issue?

I'm unable to test further because I've run out of trials but the last time I tested the issue was still present. I don't know what to change in my settings as I didn't change anything in either AutoCAD or Sketchup; I simply saved in AutoCAD and imported I to Sketchup. Are there are specific settings I should look for?

Joe

Return to “Sketchup Plugins”